Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! could anyone tell me some good places to go for some night fishing from shore? i work till 7 or 8 pm during the week, so my fishing has been mainly on the weekends.
i have tried algonac, with little luck(rock bass and tiny perch)
i am considering south river road, but i am also looking for more options,
please let me know any suggestions around the area(or not) where i can do some battle with something more than a 4 oz fish!
thanks guys

G

·
I have heard discussion about a peer in Gross Pointe not sure if you can fish at night or not though! Maybe someone could give more detail!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know its a liltte bit of a cruise, but they catch some Walleye's of the wall in Marine City at night. Sometimes they do real well. There have been limits caught, but there not that common. Also the river Eye's usually run on the larger size. I've seen a lot of 5+ lbs fish caught there. Hope this helps.

Mr.D.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try right across from the Marwood bar M-29 in Marine city, I've caught Bass, Perch and walleye there. There is also a park in New Baltimore where I've had some luck. It is at the end of Washington Street whitch runs right through town I've caught bass pan fish and perch there. You could alway fish in my back yard only thing is I've lived here almost three years and the only time we catch fish is when there is six inches of ice on the canal. Hope this helps good luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was fishing with one of my friends over the weekend and he was talking about how he used to go to Marysville after work and fish for Walleye's. Sounds like he did well. From what he told me they catch Walleye's on Jigs with Mr. Twisters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts