Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice it's not a "Night 'Eye Report" again.

Tried for three great nights from shore in four days last night, but came back with nuthin'! Got a small bass (<1lb), and that's all. Fished the same area as the last 2 days, east of bridge. Water was much murkier than the first 2 days, which I think had a lot to do with it. Still, I saw quite a few eyes in shallow--just couldn't entice a bite.

Really sucked, though, 'cause my dad came with me after hearing of my other two nights--I even gave him one of the 'eyes I got Monday--hadn't fished with him in over 15 years, so it was great just to have him out there, though. Wish he could've got his first wally in 15 or so years, since he's the one who taught me all about them in the first place.

Anyways, I'm off to Wheatley Provincial this weekend, so good luck and tight lines to all. Hopefully I'll have some cat reports on Monday!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I ran out too quick lastnight to shoot you a PM but I headed down there for a few just before dark and then for about an hour after dark. Water was definately nothing what it was the other week when the fish activity was off the wall. I never got a hit. I threw natural swimshads and a husky jerk, covering deep to shallow...along with my buddy, and both, nothhhing. I was telling my buddy that I blame it all on the water conditions. So once it clears up just like the other week, and if we starting populating dry land with Walleye.....I think we'll be onto something in regards to a pattern for this area, then just random walleye coming in. Because, I'll put money on the next time it clears up I'm going to hear about you flippin' a couple more out of the water for the freezor.

How was Wheatly? Any cats?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope no cats in Wheatley--didnt really fish for them.

Yeah, the water has murked up a bit lately, but I'm still seeing fish. Hopefully we get a nice south wind followed by some calm evenings and things should be right back on track! That wind last night sure was something fierce!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.