Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if either the Crocker ramp or Harley launch site is open to folks who want to night fish? I'm thinking of staying out on the water from late afternoon until midnight or so. Maybe even all night depending on the fish catching. And are those launches relatively safe to keep my Jeep overnight? Thanks all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE(fishindad @ Jul 8 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if either the Crocker ramp or Harley launch site is open to folks who want to night fish? I'm thinking of staying out on the water from late afternoon until midnight or so. Maybe even all night depending on the fish catching. And are those launches relatively safe to keep my Jeep overnight? Thanks all.

The sign at the crocker ramp said closed from 11pm to 4am. If your stayin passed dark you had better have a bee keeper suit to keep off the gnats. Bout drove me insane after 15 minutes last Sat evening.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
them nats are insane out there, 1 minute your boat is white, the next minute your boat is infested and is no longer white. i believe all DNR launches are closed 11-4. not sure if brandenburg has times posted, but the gates are open all night.

and about your jeep, you never know!!!! ive seen nice cars parked next to junkie cars and the craap car gets jack'd, and vice versa, good neighbor hoods to. just cuz some people are spoiled with everything they ask for, does not mean they arent theifs. some just like the "thrill". there were a few kids in my sub that broke in cars, found credit cards and other stuff, but they'd shove it down the sewer. WHAT THE HE!! IS THE POINT?

im usually not to worried about my car though, i lock my doors. if they really want it, it wont be there when i get back.

my brother use to live by 8 & john R, people down the street had company or relatives come over, well they parked their car, and no sooner than make it in the door and 6 guys would swarm and jump in the car, it seriously took less than 8 seconds. oh and broad daylight.

GL

·
Registered
526 Posts
The skeeters on the SCR have been brutal at night, but the guy at the marine city launch told me as long as you have an annual and your in the lot before 11pm your fine, but I would ask the guy at the booth when you get there, the Algo DNR has an auto gate, when you pull up to it ( from inside) it opens, hope this helps.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i go out at nite a lot, as long as you get in the lot before the gates close they open when you leave, i go to selfredge, north channel dnr launches, deckers dnr launch is open all nite and does not have a gate.I have never had anyone bother my vehicles at any of the launches.the skeeters drove me off the water in algonac last nite

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help and advice. It's been a while since I've fished at night so I forgot how bad the bugs could be! Marine City is too long of a hike for me at the moment - -I'll try either Algonac or Selfridge launches first and give a report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts