Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Night Report

571 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  propwash 
#1 ·
Went out last night from 11pm-3:30am with a buddy and my 11 year old cousin for a little 'eye action last night at the DR. We first tried the area that has been pretty good for me the past week or so, but the floating weeds on the Canadian side made it pretty tough to do any casting. I lost a small 'eye pulling it over the rail.

We then trolled (walked) the entire breakwall from the Ambassador Bridge east towards Ouellette Ave. and my buddy picked up a nice 2lber and lost two more over the wall, all on unpainted jig head and yum white twister. I lost something HUGE, and ended the night with a big skunkola. We hooked into fish in random areas; don't think there was any real 'spot' or pattern, just randoms coming in close to the wall to feed. Perhaps with the cooler summer we've had, the fall run is picking up a bit earlier (usually late August starts to get progressively more productive from shore), but I've seen 'eyes caught now my last 4 or so times out, even if it wasn't me doing the catching.

My little cousin was a champ, and enjoyed himself. My bud gave him the fish to take home, so if anyone asks, he caught his first!

He's gonna come again, where we'll try to get him his 'real' first wally!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.