Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was thinking and im building a night crawler farm, just a 2x2 nothing big but has anyone on here ever made one,i already have it built and dirt and compost newspaper is all inside but i need some tips on how to maintain it, any help would be nice.

---Mike

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Just keep it moist and cool. Add lots of large crawlers, and have fun using them.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Don't tell my wife there are worm farms. She will make me take the worms out of the fridge.

Good luck with it. That could actually be fun.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I forgot to put the lid on mine last month, and my boys found worms pretty much all over the basement. My wife wasn't too thrilled with me after that one, but the boys had fun looking for renegade worms with me.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jun 14 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to put the lid on mine last month, and my boys found worms pretty much all over the basement. My wife wasn't too thrilled with me after that one, but the boys had fun looking for renegade worms with me.

i did that same thing

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jun 14 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to put the lid on mine last month, and my boys found worms pretty much all over the basement. My wife wasn't too thrilled with me after that one, but the boys had fun looking for renegade worms with me.

Oh no, no, no, not that!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Well I caught three dozen crawlers last night so I was going to put them in my "farm" today but I thought I should check and see how the ones I have in it were doing. So I pulled my "farm" out of the ground and dumped its contents out on a piece of news paper. As expected my tenants were doing fine and in fact had gotten fatter and looked very healthy. I had over 3 dozen in it so now I have a solid 6 fat and happy dozen walleye catchers once the new ones catch up. My system is cheap, low maintenance and produces excellent results.

Jim

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts