Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service Manager called me and told me that he hasn't seen a gimble bearing and race this bad before in the 18 years he's been fixing boats.
I am using only about 7 - 15 % of my total steering radius and that eventually I will have no steering left. He asked me to please not drive my boat. It's a hazard right now till it's fixed. The price $ 2000.00
. This has been a horrible boating year for me. Shift Linkage, Impeller, water pump, Gimble........what next?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I bought it new and unfortunately I didn't hit anything. The marina said that whomever was servicing my outdrive previously, wasn't torqing the gimble ring down correctly. I called the other place and of course they do all the time. Oh well, won't be servicing there anymore. I am only gonna be down till next thursday, but the money is the big problem. I am gonna have to pull it out of my a$$.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The gimbal bearing is shot or the gimbal ring ? Big difference , and the bearing has nothing to do with steering. Now if it is the gimbal ring it definitley is a hazard.
I don't know where you have it but give Lenny a call 586-468-7361 or Sparky at Viscious Marine (don't know the number) maybe they could save you a little cash.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(scarabchuck @ Aug 28 2003, 03:11 PM)The gimbal bearing is shot or the gimbal ring ? Big difference , and the bearing has nothing to do with steering. Now if it is the gimbal ring it definitley is a hazard.
I don't know where you have it but give Lenny a call 586-468-7361 or Sparky at Viscious Marine (don't know the number) maybe they could save you a little cash.
Chuck, Jeff's at Beacon Cove in the rack, also has a trailer i believe.

Sparky at Vicious: 586-598-4077

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Awww, so sorry sweetie
Was gonna hit ya up for a ride this weekend too. I guess we're both thumbing it??
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts