Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they finally did it and LSCN is on the blocked website list at work. I'm bumming, but I should get a lot of work done now. haha.

Anyways, see you guys before 8 and after 6...

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That Sucks! I would go on strike.

Reason #5,069 why it's nicer to have your own line at the office!

Just tell the boss that LSCN make you smarter and more work efficient, just like beer!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
If I was skilled trades at my work I'd be on lscn all day because I'd have nothing else to do. I'd probably have 20 posts per day.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 7 2004, 08:13 AM)Well they finally did it and LSCN is on the blocked website list at work. I'm bumming, but I should get a lot of work done now. haha.

but BILL,

You're post was at 8:13???

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Sorry to hear it Bill. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened here yet.

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Jul 7 2004, 11:59 AM)Sorry to hear it Bill. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened here yet.

I think I would have to check into rehab!!!!

XO

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jul 7 2004, 10:47 AM)If I was skilled trades at my work I'd be on lscn all day because I'd have nothing else to do. I'd probably have 20 posts per day.
So, your trying to say that skilled trades people do NOTHING at work but F' off ??

Hey Bill, what was wrong with your boat on JN day??

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
To our knowledge, Bill's the only LSCN'er where he works (darned Westsiders
). He purposely kept his involvement on the down-low, hoping to avoid undue attention.

Gregg, the mechanic/engine guy is coming over tonite to look at it. We were on vaca all last week, so it sat, but Bill did the trouble-shooting thing all day Monday. As of now, the general consensus is, "I think it's something electrical". We've checked just about everything: kill switches, gas, anything having connections to both engines. Hopefully it's something easily fixed or adjusted and we can chalk it up to just another experience.

Thanks again for the rescue. Your timing (or Deb's) couldn't have been better!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Bill, try going to yahoo, type in lake st clair network..
when the page comes up showing the LSCN site poke it and see if that takes you back into LSCN. It worked for me a long time ago when I couldn't get into LSCN at the office.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jul 7 2004, 11:47 AM)If I was skilled trades at my work I'd be on lscn all day because I'd have nothing else to do. I'd probably have 20 posts per day.
<_< My husband is skilled trade and he doesn't get on the computer because he WORKS all day

nice comment

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Dgreif @ Jul 7 2004, 08:48 PM)guess what, today was the first day i was blocked, unreal!!!
ANOTHER? Where do you work at?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 7 2004, 08:13 AM)Well they finally did it and LSCN is on the blocked website list at work. I'm bumming, but I should get a lot of work done now. haha.

ditto!!!

Went in Monday Morning and discovered that it was FINALLY filtered! It's been an ever increasing dwindle. Now I can access NOTHING, at ALL!! lol

Actually, I'm a little grateful for it, now there is no fear for getting fired due to internet usage... and really there is a lot more productivity in the day.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts

THREE now!! ??

All on the same day ?? All different companies ??

What is the sam hell is going on??

Maybe it's a mistake.... caused by some crazy internet virus?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wondering - Is everyone's company using Websense as their filtering software? The site may have shown up on a mass update. For me it's filtered for "Society and Lifestyles".

Gregg, I probably wouldn't have been able to answer you question about the boat even if I wasn't blocked. You know some of us not in skilled trades actually have to work for a living...

haha, jk

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Ah, that makes some sense, Bill. I looked through the list of categories at Websense, and I don't really see a more applicable category, that might not be blocked. Otherwise I would suggest a change.

What a bummer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first post, I've been lurking for a while.

Anyway, I just checked the Websense lookup and it started blocking lsc.net with database version 92038 released yesterday.

You might be able to get to the lsc.net by using a proxy bypass, though. Try http://www.emoxter.com/utils/proxyByPass.php. It's ugly, and all the images may not load, but it seems to work well enough to get to the forums.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts