Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully you can read this? I scanned it and had to downsize it. But, here we go.

Legend (color code)

Orange
: No wake for all vessels, regardless of size

Yellow: 200-600FT rule. Vessels less than 26ft long must maintain 200ft from shore (dock or pier). Vessels 26ft or longer must maintain no wake for 600ft from shore, dock or pier.

Blue: No wake for vessels 26ft & longer. Vessels less than 26ft must maintain no wake for 200ft from shore dock or pier.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Did the area in the Middle Channel by Brown's change? I thought the 600 rule applied for bigger boats? I guess it really isn't that wide.

·
12,052 Posts
Its been that way. When there are cottages on islands ACROSS from Harsens, those are the 2 no wake for everyone areas in the middle channel. The North channel is roughly 1300 feet wide so you have a 100' buffer zone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have wondered about the no wake zones. Great map convincor. But when you are out there, the buoys don't mark an orange area, from a yellow, to a blue. How do you tell? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Just One More @ Jun 10 2004, 12:38 PM)I have wondered about the no wake zones. Great map convincor. But when you are out there, the buoys don't mark an orange area, from a yellow, to a blue. How do you tell? Thanks

Actually the only markers that I know of is: In front of deckers (n. channel). Just north of Browns Bar(middle channel). And just behind Strawberry Island(not sure if that is just a bouy that the locals put out or not?)

This chart has been handed out by the Sheriff for a few years now. Unfortunatly a lot of people never knew about it, like me. And yes it's kind of crap, because there are no bouy markers for 90% of the areas out there where it is no wake.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think I'll print it and keep it with me. Just have to guess a little on where the zones start/end. Ususally I just look at other boats. Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Just One More @ Jun 14 2004, 09:20 AM)I think I'll print it and keep it with me. Just have to guess a little on where the zones start/end. Ususally I just look at other boats. Thanks again

Do not watch other boats, especially in the blue areas. Cuz in those areas it is 26' and over that is no wake. My boat is 25'3" on the registration. But with my swim platform it is 27'. Legally I can go through that zone. But, I am waiting for the day they pull me over to check my size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.