Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't been fishing much because I built a sweet oak bar down my basement. I poured epoxy resin on the bar top to give that hard shiney finish. The directions say and people who have done it before said that if mixed proper all the bubbles should rise to the top and pop before curing. Well I have a couple spots where the tiny bubbles rose but didn't pop and the epoxy cured. So I have a couple rough spots.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
If I sand them out with a fine grade paper and put a second layer on, will you see the sanded parts?
Anyone have any experience working with this stuff?

any help would be great...

p.s. walleye run is near... lilacs will tell the story

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sand it dow to get the bubbles out then wipe it down with denatured alchol to remove all grease and dust on the bar top. The epoxy will not bond to areas where there is any inpuritys on it. Make sure you mix the epoxy realy realy well. After it's mixed let it sit for 10 or 15 mins it will start to gas itself out and this will help with getting the bubbles out. If there are any bubbles after you put the second coat on use a blow torch or heat gun and just heat the area with the bubbles up a little bit and that will get rid of the rest of them. Becareful not to heat it up to much it will thin out the expoxy to much causing it ti run and give you an uneven finish. And no you should not see the sanded areas. Good luck

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
iv work with the epoxy resin before .. what i always did when i poured it i take a blow torch while it was still wet all the air bubbles would rise and pop in an instent but its kinda to late for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts