Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday May 24. went through the Harsens/Russell island cut and to our suprise there was a deer swimming from Walpole island to Russell island in the shipping channel!
What a site!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just about hit one (within 10 feet) last year on the Grand River. Coming out of one of the bayous doing a little over 60 noticed something brown in the water which I thought was a log. Turned out it was a deer swimming to the other side. Don't know who was scared more, me the deer or my partner. That would have been an interesting explanation to the insurance company.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
That's hilarious! I would NEVER expect to have to worry about hitting a deer while out on the lake..... thanks for sharing the pics!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
wow ! haven't seen that since i was a kid, watching them swin across the clinton river from the base (near zesty's house)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Oh dear.....

Now if you catch one in the lake and have a fishing license, can you keep it?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Man Convincor, that is cool!

How's the water levels in that cut? Is it easy to find? I hate going all the up to the tip of the island before heading down the South. Plus I would think the scenery would be cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Campari;

You and I have to really talk my man!What do you mean, "hate to go to the north tip of Harsen's"?

You will have to follow me around the lake this year! I go everywhere!
If there's a cut, I go in it. I know some bigger boats can't go where I go, but you gotta try most.

That cut I went through gets to about 3' when entering from the north channel, but then get's to 5'-6' through the rest. I think your boat may make it. Not sure what you draw!?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ May 27 2003, 03:49 PM)Campari;

You and I have to really talk my man!What do you mean, "hate to go to the north tip of Harsen's"?

You will have to follow me around the lake this year! I go everywhere!
If there's a cut, I go in it. I know some bigger boats can't go where I go, but you gotta try most.

That cut I went through gets to about 3' when entering from the north channel, but then get's to 5'-6' through the rest. I think your boat may make it. Not sure what you draw!?
I need just under 3ft so that would work. I meant the North tip of Russell, across from Walpole in dowtown Algonac. Yeah we're definitely gonna do some cruisin. Especially in that Zodiac! I want to explore those islands like wwe talked about.

You didn't go down the Sny over the weekend did ya?

Jabberjaws, we'll set something up and maybe a few of us can cruise together.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
those are some way super cool (and interesting) pictures! wow!
nice job!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts