Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Im surprised I havent heard any banter about this... but am I the only one concerned over North Korea threatening to launch a long range balistic missle "in the direction" of Hawaii?!

And that if we try to intercept than N. Korea will view it as an act of war and threaten to "take action".

Ive always known they were nuttier than squirrel poop over there, but geeesh.... nuclear war definately freaks me out!

Keeping this free and clear of any political diahrrea, any opinions?

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
I have confidence in our military to see that the missile, if it exists, never makes it to our shores.

Now lets take this thread in the direction it will end up in the Boathouse.

What kind of a name is Taep'o-dong for a missile?

Matt

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Nut job brutal dictator + nukes = BAD

Hope we're still working on missile defense!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I started a thread on this in the politics column. I know people that live in Hawaii, they are really worried about this. My niece & her family lives in Beijing, China due to her husbands work. They left China & are coming home to Napa for the summer. Things are getting pretty scary over there. North Korea is very dangerous.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just hope we dont spread ourselves too thin (i.e. Iraq, afghanistan, etc..) if it comes down to it... Im not looking forward to any nutjob with nuclear arms. I'd realllly hate to see what happens if N. Korea hits the button... domino effect?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Seeing the fact that we can blow them to the stone age - I wouldn't worry to much about it. It is disconcerting though.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just hope we dont spread ourselves too thin (i.e. Iraq, afghanistan, etc..) if it comes down to it... Im not looking forward to any nutjob with nuclear arms. I'd realllly hate to see what happens if N. Korea hits the button... domino effect?
Are you saying we'd retaliate with nukes? I don't think we would.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 22 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just hope we dont spread ourselves too thin (i.e. Iraq, afghanistan, etc..) if it comes down to it... Im not looking forward to any nutjob with nuclear arms. I'd realllly hate to see what happens if N. Korea hits the button... domino effect?
Are you saying we'd retaliate with nukes? I don't think we would.

Don't need to. A few fuel-air bombs could level their capital. I think even China would be OK with us striking back after having a nuke tossed at us. Though if they were smart, they'd be headed down there to annex N.K.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 22 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you saying we'd retaliate with nukes? I don't think we would.

Not, not us

N. Korea isnt the only nutty country out there... Im sure there are others just dying to push the button.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's funny how the mind of a dictator works. Slinging an ICBM at another nation is NOT considered an act of war but shooting the thing down IS considered an act of war. I guess this is what you get when you're dealing with a guy who claims he was born on top of a mountain and saw a premonition that he would rule the world&#8230;.

·
Registered
948 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 23 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 22 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you saying we'd retaliate with nukes? I don't think we would.

Not, not us

N. Korea isnt the only nutty country out there... Im sure there are others just dying to push the button.

Maybe we would! Remember, we are the only nation in history to ever drop a atomic weapon on another nation.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Was just reading an update from a friend that moved to Hawaii and the local news there is reporting that N Korea is planning an attack on the 4th of July because that is where Obama is from..

Scary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts