Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been little action reported on the northern sections of the lake. I have seen a couple nice catches of pan fish (crappie and gills) taken in some of the canals. Two reports of pike being caught near the Salt River have also come in but this area has been spotty at best. Small and large mouth bass are finding their way onto many angler's hooks by accident (ha, ha!) but of course it's illegal to fish for them prior to the June 21 opener.

Here's hoping it improves!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree.

I went into the salt river last weekend (May 3). Water was like choclate milk. No fish caught at all. Nothing at the mouth of the river. My wife lost something about 1/2 mile south of the Salt River but we never got to see it. I caught a single smallie on a Husky Jerk. That was the only fish all day between Selfridge and the Salt River.

I'm new to MI & Lake St. Clair and was wondering the Anchor Bay area gets better as the season progresses? Selfridge is the closest ramp to home and my wife is affraid of big water so we try to stay relativley close the ramp.

Thanks,

Marke

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Hang in there East Coast, Anchor Bay will give you more than you can dream of in a few weeks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks Alex.

We moved here from NH looking for new species along with more and larger fish. I would love to get the kids hooked into some Pike and Musky along with lots of big Smallies and walleye. I am more willing to explore the lake but I have to make sure my family also has a great time.

We are really looking forward to our first summer in MI.

Marke

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
We'll you were in a good area for pike, sounds like the water clarity was poor. Dirty water = no fish. Fair Haven would be a good area for some spring pike. The water should be slightly warmer. Any of the channel edges along the North Channel should produce as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts