Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has improved to fair at Fairhaven with anglers catching 7-9 inch perch in decent quantities. Bait does not matter but being at the right place at the right time does. The best fishing seems to be coming from the area called the Horseshoe by locals. It is southeast of the DNR access site in Fairhaven. If that site is too crowded, anglers can try parking at the end of Meldrum Road or at the Raft Restaurant.

Fishing at New Baltimore's Brandenburg Park has slowed in recent days, but again there are good days. The advantage is that anglers do not have to walk far to get fish and parking is free. Cotton Road parking is limited and fishing has been spotty. Ruedisale Park has become spotty also but parking is free. Please stay on the street when parking and stay away from the fire hydrants. They wrote tickets last week for a few illegally parked cars.

Ice conditions are good everywhere although it is now difficult to get on the ice at Fairhaven because the ice near shore has been broken up by snowmobile trailers and their towing trucks.

This is my last report as I am leaving the DNR tomorrow to go back into education. It's been my pleasure to serve the anglers and boaters of Lake St. Clair. I have been very appreciative of the friendliness and cooperation I have received from 99.9% of you. Thanks to all for your help and support and I wish you all good fishing. It still beats working even on the bad days!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thank you for your wonderful reports and i'm sure i speak for everyone when I say we will miss them. Good luck in your endevors and get out and fish when you can.

h2o<--- good luck.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Jon, Thanks for keepin' us on the fish. Come back and wet a line sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts