Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
North Lake St. Clair:

Fishing is poor on the upper lake at this time. A few anglers are bringing in pan fish (blue gills and crappie) from the canals. Pike anglers are catching a few fish in the shallows or over weed beds. Very few perch are being caught.

Lower St. Clair River:
Salmon continue to be available on the lower St Clair River channels using down riggers. Catch has been sporadic. Walleyes are not aound in any significant numbers in the lake or St. Clair River at this time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I caught 23 pike on the deeper channel(6ft max) between the Sni and Fishers bay. Only clean water around, lost a few jerk baits also. Only 6 would've been keepers, and the rest between 20 and 24 inches. Casting into Fishers bay, it was too shallow to enter, I caught 16 dogfish, yes that's right dogfish. I normally catch 1 or 2 a year, but 16 is ridiculous. I will mention that I kept casting, missing a bunch of others. You know it was tough when i mention the allmighty bowfin and acknowledge that I stayed to catch them. Hey, it's a tough fighting fish, although a little smelly.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Fishing is a great sport and if the dogs were biting that good, I would stay until they stopped....

Thanx for the report!

Mini

1 - 4 of 4 Posts