Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled this off of OFFSHOREONLY. Sounds like FUN!

Here we go its on!!!the 24th of July is the day, lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!see Yzberts post in the General boating discussion area. Sounds like he's mixing things up this year running from Cheboygan around Mackinaw,Then out to Beaver island then back into Charlivoix for the night that just happens to be the end of there Venetian festival so Fire works Too!! Cant beat that!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, and it was a BLAST!

Last year, I started off in Lake Charlevoix and drove over to Bay Harbor (Petosky) to meet up with the others. From there, the group of about 12 boats headed out to Beaver Island, then Mackinac for lunch, then over to Cheboygan, up the Cheboygan River, through the lock, afternoon stop at the riverside Days Inn, then on to the final stop on the west end of Mullet Lake.

I think Scott (yzbert on OSO) is organizing things backwards this year. Instead of the slow cruise up the Cheboygan river, he plans on starting out in downtown Cheboygan, then finishing up in Charlevoix for Venetian fest. Tom and I would be going back up this year, but the Sunsation Rally is the same weekend.
If you do not own a Sunsation, I highly recommend this run!

If memory serves, there were the boats that showed up last year:

(2) 32' Sunsations (Tom and I)
(2) 36' Baja Outlaws
(2) 38' Special Baja's
(1) 409 Fomula
(1) 31' Sonic (dyno)
(1) 33' Challenger (Dwight)
(1) 353 Formula
(1) 292 Formula
(1) 23' Wellcraft

It was a very laid back run. Most of the time we were only cruising about 40 mph. There were some risidual rollers left over from the day before (30 knot westerly's) so the sea was a little lumpy, but not choppy. I was loving it. Some of the mates on other boats weren't too thrilled though.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks, it was a blast!

I've got two very cool videos of the boats running across Lake Michigan, than to our final resting spot on Mullet Lake. Send me an e-mail address and I'll shoot them out to whoever wants them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It was a great experience, started out in 2-4 footers and monster swells leaving Bay Harbor took a lot of getting used to running in water like that. The 3-5 footers were fun to run in at 60-65 mph being I had to catch the group that left me at Mackinac Island, and sad to see yes we were in a damn fudge shop! I am so disappointed they moved the date this up on this, I was really looking forward to making the trip again. Parading into Venetian weekend on Round Lake in Charlievoix would have been pretty cool. Maybe we will have to do our own the weekend before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts