Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an afternoon. Took an "old" friend out and had planned to fish some productive numbers around the Yacht Club only to find the launch at JBM trashed with weeds, dead fish and diesel fuel. Ended up heading north and dropping in at Crocker. (not much better weed-wise)

It's been several months since we tried the bass up that way. Made a run out deep and started a drift. It took a while and I almost made a move toward the Light when my buddy's rod went down. 23" of hell on his under-gunned equipment. Over the next 3 hours we landed over 25 with 2 others over 21" along with an 8 pound sheephead. Steve had 4 break-offs with his old line.

Seems like everyone of the fish was coughing up crawdads. We must have stumbled on some deepwater rocky bottom.

I knew the 23" was a MA, but after looking at the minimum requirement this morning I discovered it's 21"

Where's a friggin' camera when you need one

BTW, Steve's break-offs revealed a pattern. Seems like a fresh salted tube outfished a "washed one" 3-1. Might be a worth bringing a baggie with some coarse salt

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Shoeman @ Aug 15 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What an afternoon. Took an "old" friend out and had planned to fish some productive numbers around the Yacht Club only to find the launch at JBM trashed with weeds, dead fish and diesel fuel. Ended up heading north and dropping in at Crocker. (not much better weed-wise)

It's been several months since we tried the bass up that way. Made a run out deep and started a drift. It took a while and I almost made a move toward the Light when my buddy's rod went down. 23" of hell on his under-gunned equipment. Over the next 3 hours we landed over 25 with 2 others over 21" along with an 8 pound sheephead. Steve had 4 break-offs with his old line.

Seems like everyone of the fish was coughing up crawdads. We must have stumbled on some deepwater rocky bottom.

I knew the 23" was a MA, but after looking at the minimum requirement this morning I discovered it's 21"

Where's a friggin' camera when you need one

BTW, Steve's break-offs revealed a pattern. Seems like a fresh salted tube outfished a "washed one" 3-1. Might be a worth bringing a baggie with some coarse salt

Yep. I carry a plastic baggie of 2 parts salt 1 part garlic powder, it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.