Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or wannabees, the NRA is offering a discounted rate for new members or renewals.
1 year for $25.00
If you join through this link:
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR021110
you get the discounted rate and a portion of the fee goes to support Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Member Benefits:
• 24/7 defense of your Second Amendment freedoms
• Official NRA members - only shooter's cap (New Members)
• Your choice of monthly NRA magazines
• Membership card and decal
• Insurance for you and your guns
• Invitations to "Friends of NRA" dinners, other special events and more...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How many here are members? If you're not you should be or renew help support MGO.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
NRA Appeals Seventh Circuit Ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court

Fairfax, Va. - Today, the National Rifle Association filed a petition for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of NRA v. Chicago. The NRA strongly disagrees with yesterday's decision issued by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, holding that the Second Amendment does not apply to state and local governments.

"The Seventh Circuit got it wrong. As the Supreme Court said in last year's landmark Heller decision, the Second Amendment is an individual right that 'belongs to all Americans'. Therefore, we are taking our case to the highest court in the land," said Chris W. Cox, NRA chief lobbyist. "The Seventh Circuit claimed it was bound by precedent from previous decisions. However, it should have followed the lead of the recent Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Nordyke v. Alameda County, which found that those cases don't prevent the Second Amendment from applying to the states through the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment."

This Seventh Circuit opinion upholds current bans on the possession of handguns in Chicago and Oak Park, Illinois.

"It is wrong that the residents of Chicago and Oak Park continue to have their Second Amendment rights denied," Cox concluded. "It's time for the fundamental right of self-defense to be respected by every jurisdiction throughout our country."

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am a member.
Yea I was kind of wondering, if it doesn't apply at the State or local level then who DOES it apply to?

I hate Chicago, New York and every other anti gun city town or state.

·
Registered
406 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 1 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or wannabees, the NRA is offering a discounted rate for new members or renewals.
1 year for $25.00
you get the discounted rate and a portion of the fee goes to support Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Member Benefits:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How many here are members? If you're not you should be or renew help support MGO.

I'm a member

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Steellord @ Jul 4 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 1 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or wannabees, the NRA is offering a discounted rate for new members or renewals.
1 year for $25.00

NRA Member Benefits:

I'm a member

And now a member of LSCN-Welcome!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Lifer here, and you can include detroit in that list, if the state right to carry law had not passed alot of detroiters would still be waiting for a CPL.

By the way, what about the 16th amendment , it was never ratified by the states, was adopted at night , ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court I believe four or five times, yet they keep taking federal income tax outta my paycheck every week.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, the CPL will get renewed, probably faster than the DL. I actually didn't carry for a few hours today. Strange feeling, like walking around nekid in public. I didn't feel "endangered" at all, just a feeling like part of my normal clothing was missing. I don't like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.