Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depressing turnout, supposed to be a 100 boat tournament and 28 teams ended up fishing it. Winning weight was just under 15 pounds for 6 fish. My partner and I ended up in 16th with 6 fish for 11.3. Had no trouble finding fish, we musta boated at least 30 smallies drifting and dragging tubes. Just could'nt find the big ones. They payed out through 7th and we missed money by a little over a pound. I lost 2 toads that probably would have put us right there. We were culling by 8 am, but like I said, we were trading dinks for dinks.

All was not a loss though, former Red Wing Pat Verbeek was in attendance, he and his partner ended up in 4th place. And, my partner and I walked away with a 10 lb ham door prize. 3rd year in a row we walked away with a ham. Since we're both police officers, do you think they're trying to send us a message...?

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Wanted to fish it, but my partner could not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They usually get 50 - 60 boats for this one. I was surprised to see this few boats. The winning weight for the BFL on Saturday was less than I would have thought. After seeing that, Sunday's weight for Oakland County's tournament was believeable, but less than I would have expected. We finished in third place with 14.68. Like Jethro, we caught keeper fish all day. Our first two fish of the day were a pair of 3.5 lb'ers., and we figured we were off to a pretty good start. After that, it was one, 1.7 lb. fish, after another. It took the rest of the day to upgrade those 4, 1.7 lb. fish, to 2 lbs. On the way in, my partner and I decided that even though we couldn't possibly finish in the money, our arms were tired and we had a blast just catching fish. Even with the boat race, it wasn't too bad. Needless to say, when my partner walked back over to the boat and held up three fingers, I almost fell over. I always feel like when we're catching fish like this, someone else is doing it, too, only much bigger.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well we messed up on the scheduling and ended up with this date being the only one left in June and knew it would be tough to draw boats with the off shore race, Jobbe Nooner and the BFL the day before. But after hearing what other events drew that week end we did better then most, my apologies for this.

Yes the weight seemed low to me as well, I think the weather this season as the fish confused but after fishing last night it looks like bigger fish are being found by a few anglers.

As for the hams I don't know what to say! Rofl

Don't forget our next event will be the "Tournament For Toys" on Cass Lake we will only take 35 boats and we have 20 boats signed up all ready so that leaves only 15 spots left! At 35 boats 1st place will be $2072.00

Oakland Bass Masters of Michigan

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roy,

You and your boys run a first class operation, keep up the good work!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts