Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since HS graduation...

We have two graduation parties to attend and I don't want to give the traditional pen and pencil set (I'm sure it's outdated now in today's technology age).

Is cash/gift certificates still ok? I'd like to show I've put forth a little more effort, but I'm at a loss for ideas. Both kids are going away to college.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Cash is the standard. I don't remember getting any gift other than a bible from my crack head turned Jesus uncle.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nuff said!

·
Registered
481 Posts
1. ok, now that i'm done spewing my diet pepsi from my nose, that was a good one rerun.

2. money is da $hit. when theyre starving cuz theyve been studdying their a$$es off for finals for 12 hours straight, theyre either going use the money so they can buy pizza for the 10th day in a row, or theyre going to pawn the pen/pencil set or pda you bought them to buy food.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
For the guy a orange 1970 Camaro SS!

For the girl, how about a 1967 white Mustang convertible!

Just joking freckles!!! When I was I kid all I really wanted was cash!! Oh, and the orange Camaro! I know that it may not look too good, but put yourself in their shoes: Nice pen/pencil set or $50.00 cash? hmmmm....

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
cash is good...also since they are going away for school. Heres what we gave my nephew we bought him one of those cube micros for his dorm room.
just an idea
good luck

·
Registered
342 Posts
whats a normal amount for a neighbors kid that you dont know????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
QUOTE(mirth @ Jun 5 2003, 08:15 AM)whats a normal amount for a neighbors kid that you dont know????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Well about 40 to 50 for us. but depends on if you see them alot. But we usually give family members 100 so I would cut in half what ever you give family.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Get 'em each a ream of real nice and fancy paper. When they ask what it's for, tell them welcome to the real world and start to print their resume's

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jun 5 2003, 09:21 AM)Get 'em each a ream of real nice and fancy paper. When they ask what it's for, tell them welcome to the real world and start to print their resume's

·
Registered
128 Posts
I say each gets a box of condoms. That reminds me of a joke...here goes.

A boy and his Dad walk into a pharmacy, the boy sees a box of condoms and asks, " Dad? What are those?" The Dad says, well Son, those are condoms and people use them in order to have safe sex. Oh, replies the boy. We've learned about those in school. The boy points at the three pack...what are those used for he asked. The Dad replies...............Oh those are for High School kids......1 for Friday night, 1 for Saturday night and 1 for Sunday night. I see said the boy. When what are those for he said while pointing at a 6 pack. Um said the Dad. Those are for College kids.............2 for Friday night, 2 for Saturday night and 2 for Sunday night. Then what the heck are those for? Said the boy pointing at the 12 pack. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh said the Dad. Those are for married folks......1 for Januray..1 for February................

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
PRE PAID GAS CARDS ?
THOSE FAST PASS THINGS, DO THEY STILL HAVE THEM ?

OR CLAMS,
MOOLAH
GREEN BACKS
FROGS
COIN
BLING
DEAD PRESIDENTS
SOME JEFFERSONS
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
money is king.

i was sitting here thinking of all kinds of cool ideas, but when it comes down to it, ben franklin got nothing on anything martha stewart could suggest.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 5 2003, 05:37 PM)money is king.

i was sitting here thinking of all kinds of cool ideas, but when it comes down to it, ben franklin got nothing on anything martha stewart could suggest.
martha stewart, your suggesting "insider trading" ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts