Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The races web sight here>>
http://www.midwestconnection.com/ncora.htm
The pits are at the Algonac Habour Club.

Go-Boat race fans, This will be a good time............................

Easpecially if you hit the beer tent behind the Why-Knot bar in downtown Algonac Saturday night from 7-11

We be jammin

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Is anyone else volunteering as patrol boats for this?

The North Channel Offshore Challenge is put together by the North Channel Offshore Racing Association and many other people who all volunteer their time to make this race a reality. We are always looking for more people to volunteer their time in their boat to Patrol and View the race. Your time and support are always greatly appreciated.

We need approximately 50 volunteered Patrol Boats to secure a safe race course along with Turn Boats to mark the inside corners of the race course and Medical boats for the Medical Support Team.

FAQ - Will my boat work for this? Generally YES

Patrol Boats are preferred in size from 18 to 30 feet but all boats are considered.

Turn Boats need to be 30 feet or larger - the bigger the better for visibility and staff.

Medical Boats need to allow room for divers and medical equipment along with easy access to the water.

All volunteers are required to have a VHF radio on board their vessel.

You cannot get a better view or closer to the Race than when you are involved as a race volunteer!

contact our 2004 Support Fleet Director MIKE PELLIRITO at: daytime - 810-794-9303 Evening - 586-725-2858 [email protected]

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'll be anchored off one of the turns to watch. Co-worker is racing in race, his throttle man is Tyler Crockett.

There are races the following weekend in Port Huron also. Big Boys are coming in from accross the country for that race.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I wish would could have the boat in by then, but it isn't looking like it. Plus we have a Stag and Doe on the 5th and we can not miss it, Milord is in the weekend.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Patriot and I are throwing around the idea of watching the races on Sunday. I believe our friend Pat Dunn will be racing the F2-24 Lets Play Racing boat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It should be a good event. The Great Lakes Silver Cup Series regulars will be running as well as many of the boats from OSS. I will be out on the course as a patrol boat or a turn boat on Satuday and Sunday. I don't know which yet, that gets assigned Thursday night at the final volunteer meeting.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I rec'd a call from Mike Pellirito. They are in urgent need of more patrol boats.
This is the BEST way to watch the races! I'm going to be a Medic boat.

Please complete the Support Fleet Volunteer Form CLICK HERE
and FAX it to Mike ASAP at (810) 794-9109.

Then come to the organizational meeting Thursday night in Algonac at 7PM.
If you'd like to stop by STEVE's BAR on the way, let me know!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I need more PATROL BOATS!

Here is the schedule . . . let's checkout the parties!!

FRIDAY, JUNE 4 5:00 p.m. Meet the Racers Party - throughout town

SATURDAY, JUNE 5
10:00 a.m. Race Parade - Downtown Algonac
12:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. Kilo Runs
6:00 p.m.- Meet the Racers Party - Club Capri

SUNDAY, JUNE 6
11:00 a.m. Race One
12:15 p.m. Race Two
1:30 p.m. Race Three
5:00 p.m. Winner's Circle / Awards Ceremony - Algonac Harbour Club

·
Registered
165 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 4 2004, 10:57 AM)INSTIGATOR = COBRA 32, patrolling North end of the course!
Hey Steve....please get a better camera

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Special "Ed" @ Jun 5 2004, 07:31 AM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 4 2004, 10:57 AM) INSTIGATOR = COBRA 32, patrolling North end of the course!
Hey Steve....please get a better camera
I DO have a better . . . but if I was taking the picture, how could I be DRIVIN' the FRICKIN' BOAT?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jun 5 2004, 07:42 AM)lol, we'll be on land somewhere - blue denim skirt/white top...

boat is not back .... yet....

You're welcome on the INSTIGATOR!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Had a great time and saw some awesome racing. Instigator had a great spot and did a fine job keeping all the boats on track. Went to the after party at harbor club. It total rocked. I'm just getting home now. Those racers sure know how to party.

My buddy Pat Dunn with Darrin Hachter (From the Red Wings) on the sticks won his class even thou there was not many boats in it.

I heard one of the cats flipped but it was out of sight of the park so not many people saw it. I want to say it was the Jewery boat that got lose in the turn and flipped. Everyone is ok.

A friend took plenty of pics if I ever get them from him I will be sure to post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,

It was the jewelry boat. We saw it go over. Scary sight!!! Ended up putting a line on the upside down boat to keep it from sinking until the salvage boats could get there. Everyone was OK.
Got to run the course before each race to make sure it was clear. Saw the Instigator, looked great!!
Rerun, you are right, those guys can PARTY!!

See Ya,

Guss

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Guss was that your Baja that ran the course a few times? Nice looking boat. Did you party at the Harbor Club after?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts