August 2nd Fun Run to South Shore Grill in Wyandotte

10:00 starting gathering in front of Mac and Ray's
10:30 leave for South Shore Grill in Wyandotte
Run along the shoreline and regroup out from 9 mile tower
Regroup again at the mouth of the Detroit River
Take a break just the other side of the Ambassador Bridge
Complete 1st leg of run to the Grill around 11:30/12:00
After lunch head out back up the river.
Regather just before the Ambassador Bridge.
Regather again at the mouth of the River leading to STClair
Run the rest of the way to Muskamoot for a final raft off.

Remember, this is not a race and it is ust some friends getting together for a nice boat ride and a good time. Be safe, and remember water on water, beer at the pier. You take responsiblities for yourselves.

I have reserved 12 boat wells so I would like an accurate account of how many boats and people are going by July 29th to make sure they can accomodate us.

For those of you who would like to join us for the first time, we had a really nice run in June up to St Clair with around 8 boats. Any cruisers that would like to join us for lunch let me know, just plan on meeting us at the grill. Sorry just can't go slow!

Please send me a pm and post on this thread if you are coming and how many in your boat.

Please keep the idle chit chat and bull chit out of this post so I can keep track of who I have going.

AdvantageRob, are you out there? ARE you going to show, John haven't seen the Sunsation run yet, does it? Time to come out and prove it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah John, come on down and give me a good old fashioned a$$ whoopin'! It'll take some of the heat off of me. Gary will start harrassing you instead!

As for some of the slower boats that would be interested in coming... the more the merrier! However, I'd be lying if I were to tell you we would be putting out hands into the throttles. You get two of these guys together and the testosterone immediately takes over. However, it was (is) very wise of Tom to plan for all the "catchup" stops along the way. Even a 30 - 40 mph boat should be able to stay with the pack for the most past. Besides, I think Tom and myself have gotten most of the heavy handed running out of our system over the last three weekends. I could use a nice 45 mph break!

Tom, count me in with at least one passenger! Let me know if you need any help planning.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(Bayley @ Jul 25 2003, 10:06 AM)Yeah John, come on down and give me a good old fashioned a$$ whoopin'! It'll take some of the heat off of me. Gary will start harrassing you instead!

nothing like a little added pressure to get the boat running right eh??....

From what I know now, shouldn't be a problem to get there for the 2nd.... (I'm sure he'd love to help you get get Gary off your back...
) but no promises until we hear more...
the 16th won't be a problem.

btw, sad scene yesterday... stopped in at sparky's and almost every go fast I know was sitting in his shop... Patriot, Instigator, Crazy Doug, Jason Buynaks..

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am not able to make this and Bayley brings up my name. Now if i can just convince my wife that Fuel injected whipples will save on gas. I think she learned the last time it doesn't help to have blowers. I told her that was due to the carbs. I need fuel injection to save fuel.

·
Registered
954 Posts
One moe thing. How many Phantoms broke down at the Rally last weekend? None !!!! Maybe it was the hired hand running the boat.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
smart woman... she figured out quick that "no whipples" save on headaches too....

efi's or not!....

j/k.. its all good, just need to work the bugs out.. alot of the problems we've been having aren't so much the whipples.

Gary, are you in on the 16th?

·
Registered
625 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 25 2003, 10:52 AM)btw, sad scene yesterday... stopped in at sparky's and almost every go fast I know was sitting in his shop... Patriot, Instigator, Crazy Doug, Jason Buynaks..

I was up there last night helping Doug out, he just got his 540's together and they are pretty serious powerplants, but they are in the boat now, a few transom exhaust hole mods due to the hieght change in the exhaust ports from the new heads, and the hatch doesn't fit anymore but we all know that wont stop Doug, then hook up all the controls and he's good to go, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Patriot, What the H*LL blew the cyllinder right out of the block, OUCH. Instigator is a few weeks out, and Jason is good to go, he was out yesterday, and he's out right now while we all sit at work
So it's not a sad scene except for the patriot motor. I'm probably doing the run, I dont like to run hard, but a few blasts during the run to see who's got the what what is all good with me. I know it wont be me with the stock EFI 502 mags, but I'll still have a smile on my face.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Truthfully we're just very happy when the boat gets in the water...when it comes down to it, the fun is what counts...

Good news eh?!!!.... Go Sparky and the Vicious boys!!!....

·
Registered
954 Posts
I will be on the run the 16th. Unless something changes before then.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Jul 24 2003, 06:47 PM)Please send me a pm and post on this thread if you are coming and how many in your boat.
I will be joining in in the fun.
Right now looks like a total of 3 peoples.

Thanks,
NC_DNR

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Hey Guys,
Looks like a Great time!!! Didn't this "Fun Run" start off as a Aug 16th event??? I have a crew for that date but can't make the Aug 2nd. Are we still doin Aug 16th too????

XO

1 - 20 of 53 Posts