Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milord and I were discussing the possibility of having a fun run on July 5th with a group of off shore boats. Last year we had 9 boats ranging from 38 Hustler to 24 Sunsations, ran from Metro, up the shipping channel, into the North Channel, then all met for lunch at Pepper Joes in St Clair. Then headed to Muskamoot for a raft off. If you are interested, post and then if there is enough interest, I or Milord will put it together and post the details.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Heck yeah I am there!!!!!!!!! I have the day off and wasn't sure what I was doing. Let's make plans to do this. After the Fun Run for special olympics yesterday I can't wait to do another.

G

·
Sounds great, but we will be out of town that weekend

Hopefully it's successful and another one will be planned...

·
Registered
387 Posts
DOH!

I'm going to be up in Caseville that weekend. If any of you guys feel like making a trip "round the thumb", I'll be waiting. Otherwise, I promised the old man a run down to Hooters that weekend! Besides, I'm pretty sure I already taught that pesky 34' Phantom a lesson at last years Sunsation rally! Does he need a refresher course?

Tom, still working on the Northern MI fun run the following weekend. Call me up with details. Also, keep the plans for this run posted here. You never know when plans change!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Come on Bayley. You must have some kind of envy thing going here. Mine is a true 34 not a 29 with 3 ft of swim platform. I know because I had 2 Dominator in all (and 1 rocket). The last Dominator having blower motors. Just remember that nothing beats cubic dollars. If all goes my way I will have whipples on the Phantom Next summer. I am trying to convince the wife it is better for the motors. Who knows what this motor set up will truely cost me by the time I buy her off. LOL

·
Registered
954 Posts
The Sunsation Run is July 19th. The Phantom may make a surprise appearance at the run, but I won't be on it. It is something my wife is working on. after all she owns 1/2 right. The fun run for the special olympics was yesterday that Wayne (sunsation) helps put on.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a go. Sorry Bill and Bayley you guys can't make it. Bill you know I am only allowed to see you at the ramp anyway. I went with the stock 502's and you guys are going to drive me nuts with the whipple upgrades, just going to have to grin and bear it and stick with my stock stuff.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Of course I will be there ... should probably boat whore though and hop on with someone ... just isn't as fun when you can't see the rest of the pack!

·
Registered
387 Posts
29 footer!?!? Uh oh, them fightin' (racin') words! Bring it on!!!

Of course, the only reason I'm talking smack, is that I already ran with you last year. I guarantee once you put the blowers on, the smack talking will stop. Also, I do realize you had a few 32's in the past... one with a set of blower motors that I believe is now in Lansing? I probably bit off more than I should have, but I always enjoy a little competition... until of course they smoke me! I still say though, that my "little" 454's perform quite nicely.

Is anybody going out this weekend on Sunday for the races?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I'll be out for the races. A few of us are going to meet up around Metro and then head over to watch the races together. You going to join us?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Still not sure yet. I'd really like to, but then there is about a dozen other things I would really like to do on Sunday as well. How many people are meeting up at MEtro before hand?

·
Registered
954 Posts
bayley I am givein you Chit because I know how well the Sunsations Run. I saw first hand the power and speed in the Innovator yesterday. With both of us having the 500's. Mine have carbs and his was fuel injected. The innovator has about 1 or 2 mile top end more. But gets there WAY quicker. We were running about 80 when I we hit it , the innovator pulled big time. But when I pulled up on him then he hit it the innovator could not pass me, Very impressive boat. I can't wait to see th 396. Then I can come to the rallies without being a outsider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts