Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Clinton river today ove rin the area of south River and Jefferson. Started fishing around 10, had fish in the holes pretty much all day long and they were hungry. The bite was pretty steady all day long, lots of nice fish, sorted out alot of small fish but we got alot of nice ones too. Afternoon bite was better, got one 12"er and 2 11" fish, the rest of the fish I kept were in the 8-10 inch range and one 4" largemouth. Best action was from about an hour and a half before dark till dark then they shut right off. Fish were caught on a variety of baits, teardrop w/red bead, Rapala w/red bead, minnows on teardrops and waxworms on teardrops. Ended up bringing 31 fish home, don't know my brother's count but my best estimate by looking at his pile of fish would be around 20 or so. Pretty good day, best day we've had all season, well for perch anyway. That big walleye we got yesterday at Stony was really nice. Might end up going back in the morning, we'll see how I sleep tonite.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(givemethe @ Feb 22 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice, how much ice was there? where did you access from? coulda sworn everyone was saying it was all open water the other day

The ice went out from the seawall about 20 yards, and was about 3-4 inches thick about 10 feet from the open water and with the water being so low there was only about a fot and a half to two feet of water under the ice(to bottom). fish were hitting our bait/s only a few inches under the ice. Some of them came in and hit our baits viciously, like they were trying to kill it on the strike. Then others would come in and just stare, shoulda had my spear with me....next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.