Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this past Saturday with a group of 7 people, 2-boats. We had 21 fish in about 1 hour and then proceeded to call for the next hour. Boated close to 40 in 2-hours. Fishing the reefs 12 - 14 foot in-front of Davis-Besse nuclear power plant off Rt 2 in Oak Harbor. All the fish were between 2 & 5#'s. The biggest shock was the Ohio non-resident fishing license, went from roughly $24 last year to $40 this year! I couldn't believe it. Launched from Fenwicks Marina. Caught all the fish on 3/8 chartruse ballheads tips with minnows. Heard a lot of people are catching them on blades as well. $40, I still can't believe it!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
StratMan but that's for all year. A one day ticket to a game with everything cost more. So because you enjoy fishing your good to go all year and the money helps everyone in our sport.

h2o<---says but i hear you ouch surprize.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H2O, I agree it's a small price to pay for such a awesome fishery, the 1-year 60% increase just caught me off guard. btw, I meant cull, not call

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
For sure 60% is alot but they know they can get it because it's closed here in michigan on erie them scalpers. Also there's a edit button you can use when you make a mistake check on your post. I use it often when i see i made a typo.

h2o<--says but it's still worth it as long as it's used alot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts