Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year fishing in the BFL and I'm going as a co-angler. I'm gonna get the Michigan, Canadian and Walpoe Island licenses but does anybody think I'll need to get the Ohio license for the MI BFL? Will anybody venture all the way down there from Erie Metro or Elizabeth?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
My understanding is that Ohio raised it`s nonresident license from $24 to $40. Sounds like they are taking advantage of the closed wally season in Mich as they know more Mich residents will opt for an Ohio license to fish Erie during April and May. I`ll still get one though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes its $40 bucks now! I just got mine and I'm fishing the BFL as well (boater) I don't know if I'll be fishing Ohio waters during the tournaments but I know I will be pre-fishing there

I don't think any one would run there from St. Clair (Metro Park) for the 1st event but I'll bet a few will for the Detroit River events

My advise is don't worry about it for St. Clair but it would hurt to have one for the Detroit River or at least make sure you have time to run down and pick one up. (Make sure you know where to go as well)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts