Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Belle River this weekend with our Yacht Club- made it there safe and sound had a great time- didn't rain on us once!!!

Yesterday on our way home the alarm goes off and the oil pressure went way down... the temp was fine on the boat-
Scott took a look and no oil- so he added some started the engine same thing... skipped home on 1 engine after trying to track down why we were losing oil so quickly he thinks its the oil pan gasket could be good news and not that expensive he is meeting the mechanic out there today I hope that's the case

But customs were very cool- and didn't need the I-68's to return to USA..... had them but didn't get stopped.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it turned out it was a hose-
hopefully it can be shipped here in the next day and we can travel this weekend as planned.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Crossing my fingers for ya.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
As long as the engine is fine, the only bad thing now is cleaning the bilge! I had an oil leak two seasons ago at an oil pressure sending unit and I've cleaned the bilge out several times since. I use those white drip sheets under the engine and a boom around the bilge pump, and put bilge cleaner down there, and I still see little bits of oil come out my bilge once in awhile. Wild.

·
12,052 Posts
A line going to my oil filter on one engine blew at 4900 RPM when my boat was a few months old. OIL EVERYWHERE!!!
The crimp was bad on the line. I used Purple Muscle (got at meijers) which desolved the oil instantly. Hosed it down and you couldn't even tell. I used the white oil pads first also. Jefferson Beach offered to clean it up but you know me, had to do it myself. When they got there to put the line on they thought they had the wrong boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts