Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been awarded a Sales Rep position with two new companies this week.

One you have heard of before, Precision Baits. Infamous makers of tube baits and other soft plastics that you see in almost all of the tackle stores across the state. I dont have my sample strip yet or pricing yet, but I do know that there will be only one dealer that can get them cheaper than I can sell them, and that is none other than Bass Pro Shops. Precision makes the Magnum Flippin Tube and alot of the other soft plastics including the 3" Tender Tube and my favorite Crappie bait, the 2" Squirmin Squirt.

The other company is new but has a familiar face to it. Bill McElroy (aka Mac) is in a venture with Wally Marshall (Mr. Crappie) called Fish and Critter. They have some awesome looking TShirts that Mac designed the artwork for in the famous Scales and Tales style.

Let me know if anyone would like to see them or know of a fishing/hunting/outdoors type store that would have interest in carrying them.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It already has Dave. I was warned by reps years ago to not go into the business unless you know you arent going to fish anymore.

My plan is to do my business, at least during the "soft" water months, on the deck of a bass boat (or any other craft) like the golf guys do it in golf carts.....

Think Spring!

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Good for you John.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mini,

What about something else new that I heard about? I don't see it in your sponsor list. Or is that just a perk?
Bish

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Congrats. Come see me when you get a chance. I'll teach you some of the tricks I've learned for 'on the water' business calls. Nothing like a pesky jet ski to blow your cover when your taking to a customer

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
"Taking a customer"????...Alex,...all you salesmen are the same!!!..LOL!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Ok my spelling is atrocious, we’ve established that……“talking to a customer”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mini and Alex, you two sound like an accountant I know (and fish with). If he can't be reached at his desk on sunny summer day, then you better try the "Saint Clair Shores Office".
All I can say is that I'm envious. However, if either of you want an on-the-water consultation, I'm sure Steve would be glad to oblige!!!

Congrats and Good Luck Mini.

btw - It's been a while since I've been here, the new look is nice although I did like it when there wasn't a separate tournament board, but you can't please everyone.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
CONGRATS MINI !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts