Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This young lady needs your help...

I just got off the phone with Diane Robbins, who's beautiful daughter Lynne was injured by a drunk driver in St. Clair Shores. Since the accident, Lynne has suffered through a very difficult rehabilitation. After hearing about us from a friend, she contacted us via e-mail hoping we could help their cause. Here is what she wrote...

I have a great 16 year old daughter (Lynne) who's life was tragically
changed since being hit by a drunk driver last August. She suffers with TBI
(traumatic brain injury). It's been a tough 10 months of searching for the
right help for Lynne. Through the effort of many, we've finally found it.
Our community is joining together for a Brain Injury Awareness event on Tuesday, June 17th at Jacks Waterfront on the Nautical Mile in SCS to share our research - and the work of others - with the community. Portions of the proceeds will benefit Lynne Parlove (the TBI victim), The Brain Injury
Association of America and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

We'd sincerely appreciate your support by attending this event, or forwarding this information to your family, friends and collegues.

More information is available at www.projectmbt.com, or feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks for your support now, and every day. Many of you have already helped Lynne through these past months through your work in the community - thank you!

We at LSCN would like to help this cause any way we can, so I am encouraging all of our members to come out to Jacks next Tuesday for a good old fashioned LSCN Party on the Lake! The donation will be $20 per person and it will go directly to benefit Diane's cause. Please visit the link provided above to find out the details. The party will go all day long so come on by after work and wear your LSCN stuff so they will know we mean business!

Hope to see you all there next Tuesday!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Kind of Ironic, we'll be at a bar!

This is a oppurtunity for us LSCNers to show our colors, it is on a Tuesday.
A Captain has asked us a favor, I hope theres a butt load of Peeps there. We can even arrive by boat.

As Grand Marshal of Tuesday Nights and by the power of Grey Skull I command that all the Peeps make a apprearance.

Are you guys tired of the Grand Marshal thing yet?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
It's for a great cause!!

Jack's is always a great time with all us LSCN Peeps ...just take a look at the photo gallery from the last Jack's event!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
well, i gotta say i didn't know anything about this (for a change)! BUT
i will DEFINATLY be there!
anything i can do to help, mongo, let her know i'm available for her!!

wahooooooo!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I hope I can make it if not, I did find this on the website and will donate if I cannot do it in person:

Donations accepted at the
door or by mail to:

Lynne Parlove
c/o Raymond James Financial
18164 Mack Avenue
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I don't know if we will be able to make it, but I will definitly send a check and say lots of prayers!! I cannot even imagine what that family is going thru.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I'm assuming this will last til late so I'll attend after my parenting class. I'd skip the class but it's my final one and I get my certificate of completion that night. I will DEFINATELY show up after though.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Me and/or Mrs. Campari should be able to make it out for part of the time (sfter work). Who is else will be there and when? Hopefully we can all coordinate a general time to be up there?

Great cause!!!!! I hope this raises some serious $$$$

CBJ - not tired of Grand Marshall at all! Yudaman!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Hazy...
I will most likely head out there right from work...around 5:30ish. Does anybody else plan on getting out there that early? I need someone to have a drink or two with...

How bout it Capt'n Chris?

·
Registered
481 Posts
i'll be at cedar pointe next week with the fam, but please let me know about future events or if they ever need a dj for future fund raisers. i'd love to donate my services any time as often as they need!!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Manana II and myself will be there.

TTT

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
at my meeting withmike yesterday, i found out there's going to be all kinds of sstuff going on!! tv coverage, you can buy a piece of jack's boardwalk to paint anyway you want (i'm buying 5 boards and making it a ck promotion masterpiece! lol), and there's going to be a TON of people attending! this woman has done her best to get funds and awareness raised, and if we pitch in, too, everyone's going to win!!

wahooooooooooooooooo!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts