Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is gearing up for Saturday at the Tin Fish but I have a reservation at the Dakota Inn on Friday for their Oktoberfest party. The reservation is for 30 people at 7:30. Basically I need 30 bodies to keep all the tables by 7:30 but if you have to come later or whatever that's fine because there's standing room and people are getting up and down so there is always room to sit if you want to grab a bite to eat. The band starts at 8:30 goes till 12:00 and the jager girls will be there at 9:00. It's just a great night of drinking and eating and singing German songs.

So far I have a definite 15-20 people but I don't know who's coming when? So just post if you think you'll come or just show up!! The reservation is under my name Julie Steinhauer and the tables are to the right when you walk in.

Here's a link to the site Dakota Inn Hope you can make it!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
hey jewels! i would love to go but i have that elvis show friday!!
grrrr!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I know there was talk of taking the bus there in an earlier thread, is this a continuation of that? Is the RBR involved?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTEknow there was talk of taking the bus there in an earlier thread, is this a continuation of that? Is the RBR involved?

Yeah it's a continuation of that thread except now I do have the reservation I didn't then. So come on everybody!! I'm not sure about the bus, I guess I'll have to talk to Steve? Are you out there. Also, the way some of my friends are I don't think I can rely on people being on time! <_< They will give the tables away if there's no one sitting at them by 7:30 after that we have the tables all night. Not that people will be sitting all night anyways.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i was considering going as it sounds like a good time, but there is too much going on staurday. i found out i have to work at the bank (internship job) saturday morning, then it's off to bartending at the bowling alley. no time for a little R&R until sunday.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I didn't go with LSCN last year when this was held because I had reservations to go that Saturday with about 30 of my closest (not closet!!) lunatic friends. What a blast, some of the most fun I've had off the water since I moved here 3 years ago.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Being that I am German, I have to go. Julie, I PMed you with my #. Give me a call and I'll see if I can drum up some more people.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sorry Instagator I just spotted the thread. yes I'll donate the bus that night so lets fill the bus most sobber drives count me in for 2 I went last year and it was awesome I'll spread the word and recrute more people.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(homebrew @ Sep 24 2003, 10:29 AM)I know there was talk of taking the bus there in an earlier thread, is this a continuation of that? Is the RBR involved?
the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakotathe wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakotathe wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota the wheels on the bus go round and round all the way to the dakota

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTESorry Instagator I just spotted the thread. yes I'll donate the bus that night so lets fill the bus most sobber drives count me in for 2 I went last year and it was awesome I'll spread the word and recrute more people.

Cool finally some responses is everyone dead out there!!

So where and when is the bus going to be available. I have to get on everyone's a$$es to be there on time. I'd say 6:00 would be safest but 6:30 could work to so that we get there by 7:30!!

Jeff got your PM maybe you can get a few tunes in w/ the band since we now know that you can really carry some tunes!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Where is the BRB departing from? Are we going to go anywhere after the Dakota Inn? Looks like Dookie, my brother and a couple friends are in as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like a good time-
Is there room on the BRB for a newbie? (Met some peeps on the river cruise to Mt.Clemens last week- great time!) if so, where & when?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ Sep 24 2003, 05:07 PM)QUOTESorry Instagator I just spotted the thread. yes I'll donate the bus that night so lets fill the bus most sobber drives count me in for 2 I went last year and it was awesome I'll spread the word and recrute more people.

Cool finally some responses is everyone dead out there!!

So where and when is the bus going to be available. I have to get on everyone's a$$es to be there on time. I'd say 6:00 would be safest but 6:30 could work to so that we get there by 7:30!!

Jeff got your PM maybe you can get a few tunes in w/ the band since we now know that you can really carry some tunes!!

I am bringing a couple of people.

Starting with my Dad, plus about 3 more cousins.....Of course I will sing, If I know the words to the sings

Peglegg, what time and where to get the bus ride?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Pamm-ee @ Sep 25 2003, 12:34 PM)I'm one of the cousins...

mmmmm beeeeeer and German foooooood.......
Pam,
We have gotta get my Dad on that bus. I wanna see Dave DRUNK

here's my roster

Me
Jabber Dad
Pamee
Dan
Timmy_P

Tim works in detroit, so he'll meet us there, but I hope us 4 can fit on the bus........Pegglegg? Give me a shout 586 855-0671

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As suspected i can't get anyone to commit to going on the bus..........
Some people are paranoid of being stuck on it or something (blondstreak
) So i don't know what to suggest. I have to run out right now and don't have time to get w/ everyone who's going to find out what they want to do.

Paul does it matter how many are going? I think Instigator and Robyn, Big Tree and I for sure wow that's only 4!

Anyways I'll check back gotta get my hair done and go shopping for my outfit for Saturday!.......

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
You can count on me + 3 for sure. That makes 8 total thus far....

anyone else?

Plus, when and where would we mee up for the BRB? I am a virgin with that thing, Never been on it, so I don't know the rundown.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Lets meet in the McDonalds parking lot @16 & Crocker. Easy in & out for the bus, easy to find and lots of lighted parking! Plan on the bus leaving promptly at 6:30!

I'd suggest heading directly back from the Dakota around 11PM so we can finish the evening local, and to satisfy those who are afraid of getting "kidnapped"!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Great idea Instigator, meeting at 16 and Crocker, even better idea leaving Dakota Inn at 11:00pm...if that works out, I just might be in for my 4th annual at the Rathskeller.

I know it wouldn't be the same with out DD dancing her german gig with the band!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts