Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG !!! this coffee is WICKED strong. I could water it down and share it with at least FIVE people and would still be too strong !!

What is with you guys and your coffee ???

Sheesh !!! I bet there's hair on my chest now

Best cup of coffee I ever had was the one....

waldawg made for me on Gull Island after the last overnighter

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 21 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Espresso?

No Gull Overnighter this year =

Wally said it was regular coffee in an espresso pot

I used to drink espresso exclusively when I lived in Wdsr. That is prolly why I don't like strong coffee anymore !

Gull Overnighter = it wasn't in the cards this season I guess. I couldn't have gone anyways...but ya'll could have. Maybe someone ought to offer to help get it all together
next year
Altho if the island is as nasty as peeps have been saying...it'll be a chore !!

We could always have a mini overnighter ooooo somewhere near munchies ...

I know a place

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 21 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am heading to my pot now to make some mud!!
I get so antsy waiting for that first cup in the morning.

Rick...dont light a match near that !!!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 21 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am heading to my pot now to make some mud!!

An insta-Hot faucet and Taster's Choice Gourmet Roast instant are the cure for that!

QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 21 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 21 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Espresso?

No Gull Overnighter this year =

Wally said it was regular coffee in an espresso pot

I used to drink espresso exclusively when I lived in Wdsr. That is prolly why I don't like strong coffee anymore !

Gull Overnighter = it wasn't in the cards this season I guess. I couldn't have gone anyways...but ya'll could have. Maybe someone ought to offer to help get it all together
next year
Altho if the island is as nasty as peeps have been saying...it'll be a chore !!

We could always have a mini overnighter ooooo somewhere near munchies ...

I know a place

I'm not a very good master of ceremonies. BYOE -- Bring Your Own Everything

But I agree that get togethers shouldn't always fall on Bill and Stephanie's shoulders. (even though they are so good at it!
)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 21 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 21 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am heading to my pot now to make some mud!!

Rick...dont light a match near that !!!

OK, I had to re-read my post to make sure you did not modify it in the quote..

Its even funnier now that I actually read it.

See what happens before my first cup of joe!!!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I miss drinking coffee.

Now I get to drink tea.

I forget why you can't drink coffee.

Maybe you should try again. I'm sure Judi would save you a piece of her coffee if you like.

Linda loves the smell of coffee, but can't stand the taste. Kind of odd, wouldn't ya say?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 21 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I miss drinking coffee.

Now I get to drink tea.

Maybe you should try again. I'm sure Judi would save you a piece of her coffee if you like.

Linda loves the smell of coffee, but can't stand the taste. Kind of odd, wouldn't ya say?

I think it has too much acid. I get a belly ache from it. Now and then I can get away with a cup, if it's later afteroon or evening. But more often than not I pay for it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now I get to drink tea.

My Mom was a stay at home Mom, raising us 6 kids, money was always tight so
to save some $$ she would always fix Dad a cup of tea every night after dinner.

My brother and I figured out he hated tea when he took us for breakfast once
and ordered coffee, but he made us promise to not to tell, didn't want to hurt her feelings.

He passed away after 33 years of marraige.

A couple of years after he died, during an extended family get together
my brother accidentally spilled the beans . . . Mom cried and smiled at the same time.

gt

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 21 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I miss drinking coffee.

Now I get to drink tea.

I think it has too much acid. I get a belly ache from it. Now and then I can get away with a cup, if it's later afteroon or evening. But more often than not I pay for it.

Oh yea, now I remember you saying that, standing on AP2 swim platform, while we were enjoying a beautiful morning on the Baltimore Hwy.

sigh...

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(gradytom @ Oct 21 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 21 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now I get to drink tea.

My Mom was a stay at home Mom, raising us 6 kids, money was always tight so
to save some $$ she would always fix Dad a cup of tea every night after dinner.

My brother and I figured out he hated tea when he took us for breakfast once
and ordered coffee, but he made us promise to not to tell, didn't want to hurt her feelings.

He passed away after 33 years of marraige.

A couple of years after he died, during an extended family get together
my brother accidentally spilled the beans . . . Mom cried and smiled at the same time.

gt

awwwww Tom...thanks for posting this !!!

what a great story !

Reminds me of this one told by a priest in church at an Italian wedding:

There was an Italian couple who had been married for many years.
Every night the husband would cut off the end of a loaf of crusty italian bread. You know the piece that looks like half a bun. (known as the "butt" of the bread by many an italian family)
He'd had it over to his wife every time without fail.
She'd take it and eat it with her pasta.

Finally after soooo many years, the wife had had enough - she was angry and resentful - and said:
"I cook you a wonderful meal every night for all these years...and you reward me with the "butt" of the bread ???...I am sick of it !!!"

Hubby look confused and said "but my darling, that is my favorite part of the entire loaf and I give it to you instead of taking it for myself"

They laughed at themselves, they cried too.

(sigh) I love that story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts