Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accident (tradegdy) waiting to happen. They are rowing! On their way to Gull. They haven't hit the open water yet.

What is wrong with ppl???? One boat wake....one big wave..

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
No Fricken Way!!! OMG- they will never make it... OMG!!!

You are right, one boat wake and blamo.....

**hope they make it safely there AND home.. yikes**

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
No life vests on either, except for the one guy wearing a kid's one it looks like.

Wonder if it would help to notify the sheriff. That has to violate some sort of safety regulation or law.

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Very Sad!!!
Hope they stay Safe. I would bet the boat is loaded
with beer,,,,hence no freeboard. People are nuts!!!

XO

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IF (big if) they actually make it to Gull, drink...the trip home???
Against the current. All the other crazies on the water...hopefully the have a tent somewhere in that raft & plan to stay the night....

·
Registered
696 Posts
OMG those a-holes stole my dinghy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
hmm cant wait to see that that rid back will look like with a boat full of drunks....hopefully they come back before dark

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Sunday afternoon saw two guys in a small Aluminium fishing boat (12ft at the most) out by the last red channel marker for Clinton river. The wife saw at least 2 waves end up in the boat...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i just got back from jack's, and i watched boat after boat go by. what shocked me (and some of the seasoned staffers) was [B]how many people [/B]were crammed onto small boats. i saw several 19 footers with 11, 12, 13 people on them and no life jackets to be seen.(i'm sure they were stashed).

and let me tell you about the people that were at jack's to meet up and get on boats. this one little group of girls were wearing the required mini bikinis and short skirts, but they had perfectly done hair, full make up, and shoes that are NOT boat or sand friendly. rude awakening when they get to the island.

be safe, people. the press will have a field day, i'm sure.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
If they've got 12 people in a 19' boat, I can guarantee the sheriff or the coasties would like to talk to them about a little thing called a "capacity plate".... idiots. That's why we stayed away from the big "party" spots, way too many villages missing their idiots on those days. Kind of like Tip-Up Town for sledding.

OTOH, *everywhere else* on the lake (or up north, for T-U-T) tends to be a really good time...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
personally, i think to many "non -regulars" or whatever you want to call them, but young people or even older people who have no clue what they are doing, but go the the party, way to many idiots out there that havnt a clue what they are doing, thats why i stay clear of the party hardy spots...and of course...partially because im underage, but its way to crazy

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
we were ther very early, stayed on the boats and partied most of the day. only went on the island two times the whole day. more fun that way...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Had a good time on gull man water was really cold though.. brrrr ,,, Thanks A FIREMAN MIKE for help with anchor.. Peeps i was with accidently grabbed someones bumper and put it on my boat i think its either off preemo 2 s boat or woodys ,, WILL try and return it today to the propper owner if i see either one of you guys . Heading to gull again for a while.. What or where is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Why didn't you drive by them real fast and then take a picture.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts