Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had blood drawn and they told me that my cholesteral was way too high.
My God I'm olly 28 years old!!

I don't eat fast food too often (like one a week twice at the most)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I thought you were going to say you broke a nail or something.

Avoid greasy foods.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't care if I break a nail. I work for DaimerChrysler it happens all of the time that it doesn't faze me anymore.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jul 12 2004, 01:33 PM)I really don't care if I break a nail. I work for DaimerChrysler it happens all of the time that it doesn't faze me anymore.
I was just messing with you anyway.

I always see those Honey Nut Cheerios commercials where the guy is going around telling everyone "I lowered my cholesterol" by eating them.

Maybe start eating those every morning.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Bummer, Kat. Try eating a higher fiber diet (Cheerios is trying to cash in on that one). It naturally lowers cholesterol. Also, fish rather than red meat....I myself eat salmon 3 times a week. The rest is chicken.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 12 2004, 12:40 PM)Bummer, Kat. Try eating a higher fiber diet (Cheerios is trying to cash in on that one). It naturally lowers cholesterol. Also, fish rather than red meat....I myself eat salmon 3 times a week. The rest is chicken.
Another reason why I was shocked I actually have been eating more fish than usual.

cheerios are gross!! Nasty tasing barf-looking food

I guess I better get used to nasty because the next thing my doctor will be telling me is to drink metamucil.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Eat More Meat! Ever tried eating the Tilapia? I have a ton of health fanatics at my office and they swear by it. You can buy it at the grocery store (odd enough to say, you can pick it up in frozen bags of like 8-12 pieces just like cod). It's really good too! If you ever go to the Barge, they have it on special at times. It's Yummmmmmy!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you prepair it?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jul 12 2004, 01:52 PM)I actually have been eating more fish than usual.

And my barf has never looke like round, crunchy O's.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
These are my favorites and they are really easy!
One baked and one grilled. There are thousands of recipes online. Tilapia is great for a person who really doesn't like fish. It's all white meat when its cooked and has no fishy taste what so ever.

Baked Tilapia with White Wine & Herbs
2 fresh Tilapia fillets, approximately 8-10oz each
1/4 pint medium white wine
1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (miracle blend
)
Onions, diagonally sliced (just a couple pieces work just fine)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2oz butter or substitute
1 teaspoon cornflour, blended with a little cold water
2 tablespoons creme fraiche (not necessary)

Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste. Place half the butter on each fish.
Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish then bake in a preheated oven 350F, for 30-35 minutes.
Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm. Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended cornflour and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.
Cooking Time: Approximately 35 minutes Serves: 2

Lime & Basil Tilapia

4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound)
4 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
zest of 2 limes
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
2 teaspoons bourbon
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag. Turn to mix and add tilapia fillets. Seal and refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring marinade to a low boil and remove from heat. Grill tilapia fillets for about 3 minutes per side over a high heat. When fish turns opaque remove from grill and serve with a few spoonfuls of marinade drizzled over top.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yummmm...sounds good,
I love fish

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Now I want to go fishing
, I hate being at work!

·
Registered
769 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Jul 12 2004, 03:24 PM)QUOTEDo doctors ever have good news for people?

yep once, waaay back...

"the test came back negative, your not the father"

LOL. I didnt think of that earlier, but that would only be good news for single guys. I'd feel bad for the guy if that was the news and he was married.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Jul 12 2004, 02:24 PM)QUOTEDo doctors ever have good news for people?

yep once, waaay back...

"the test came back negative, your not the father"

Ha!!!!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I heard Mary Kay products were hi in cholesteral, your not using them too are you. Just stick to selling them and you will be fine and don't forget to call your doctor in the morning !
Myself I take Lipitor, that way there I can put anything in or on my body !
What was your cholesteral number ?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Aquaholic @ Jul 12 2004, 12:47 PM)Do doctors ever have good news for people?
If they did, them and the drug companies would be out of buisness !
So no, they will never tell you your ok.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jul 12 2004, 02:52 PM)QUOTE(Aquaholic @ Jul 12 2004, 12:47 PM) Do doctors ever have good news for people?
If they did, them and the drug companies would be out of buisness !
So no, they will never tell you your ok.
And why would the doctors keep the drug companies in business?????

Because they probably make a commission

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 12 2004, 02:04 PM)QUOTE(Kat @ Jul 12 2004, 01:52 PM) I actually have been eating more fish than usual.

And my barf has never looke like round, crunchy O's.

mine either! eu!
if it DID look like round crunchy o's, i'd be hightailing it to the dr myself!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts