Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One month from today we are gettting married! Any advise out there?

**Manana.... hope you are living it up in Colorado, one more month honey! Miss you and love you!**

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Yes, just keep doing what you have been doing! You two are awesome together
Best of everything to you both and many happy years together.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Don't faint or throw up.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Enjoy Cindy ~ this is the best time of your life!!!

Just think...soon you get to honeymoon and work on making mini manana's!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Comunicate, laugh, dont go to bed mad, and enjoy each other.
remember dont sweat the small stuff that does not really matter. going on 15 years for me this month

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Aug 5 2003, 12:13 PM)Enjoy Cindy ~ this is the best time of your life!!!

Just think...soon you get to honeymoon and work on making mini manana's!!!!!

you are too funny! Can you imagine a mini manana running around~ yikes!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed though.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
what ever you hear about the bachelor party, they are all lies!

seriously though, be close, but give each other space.

don't go to bed or leave the house pi$$ed at each other.

cherrish every moment together

17 years for me and mine next week!

congratulations, good luck and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
During your reception:

Have a good time! You don't need to spend the whole night going table to table to say hi and thank you to every one. Let them come to you on the dance floor or at the bar!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Run....just......Run.......!
Just kidding!
My best advice for you is to really relax and try to enjoy your day. It happens sooooo fast, if you dont sit back and take it all in it will be done before you know it!
Dont worry about if other people are having a good time, you make sure YOU are!
LOL
Amy

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Don't be nervous. Be sure to take notice of the look on manana's face when he first see's you coming down the isle. I don't think Boss even saw me because she was too busy looking ahead, at the guests, and trying not to trip.

Also, one way to make the reception more fun: try to make it so the people who catch the garder and bouquet are related. My brother, who was my best man, caught the garder, our cousin Tammy caught the bouquet! He tried to give the garder to her boyfriend, but he was too shy and wouldn't do it.

So my brother ended up having to put the garder on our cousin's leg.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Take lots of pictures, it will be kinda foggy afterwards.
Whatever happens that day, stuff may go wrong, just grin and bear it, don't let it ruin your day.
If its a hot day, don't wear nylons.
EAT before hand.
Spend much of your reception with your husband, greeting people together.
Make sure your shoes are comfortable
EAT, you spent alot of money on the food.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Make sure you eat something BEFORE the ceremony so that you don't get light-headed or faint.

·
Registered
481 Posts
first and foremost you should hire me as your dj!! haha, j/k, you BETTER have one by now!! but, make sure your dj is responsible for each part of the reception going off without a hitch.

wedding day/reception - pawn as much responsibility off on others. make up envelopes for everyone that has to be paid(priest/minister, photographer, videographer, dj/band, etc) and put someone in charge of handing them out. save the drinking till later in the evening. ya dont want a buzz early on that dies out and leaves ya with a headache. take in as much as possible and try to notice even the smallest details about the reception because it goes by wayyyyyyyyy too fast.

wedding night - dont tell ANYONE where youre spending it for fear of booby traps throughout the place.

rest of your lives - talk as much as possible about anything and everything, dont assume anything. if you ever get upset at your mate, put yourself in their shoes first and try to understand what he/she was thinking. compromise. dont go to bed mad.

this week is 10 years for me and chantel

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
if you're fighting, always remember no one wins--meet in the middle and call it a tie.

moneyshot is right, EAT!

mini mananas...LOL! that made me giggle!

don't drink too many doheny bikinis...my head sorta hurts...i didn't even finish that last one!

and have fun!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Just a thought from someone who has been married 28 years this past June....

The day of your wedding if you blink your eyes the day is over... Place throw away camera's on each table for your guests to use during the reception... Those pictures are a lot of fun to look at later... At least one camera always ends up in the mens roon with the brides maids standing in front of the urinal's... As a wedding photographer over the years I've seen it all....

Once your married and the honeymoon is over...

1. Never take each other for granted. Always cherish and respect the time that you have together..

2. Like others have mentioned before,,, Never go to bed or leave home angry.. You won't get a good nights sleep and it will ruin your day...

3. Always be honest and caring... If you have to lie it can't be worth the trouble....

4. You blink your eyes and like me 28 years have gone by.. Enjoy the ride.. It can be the best thing that you've ever done in your life.. You'll have your up's and downs but it's worth every minute...

Congrats....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
One Month...Wow...Time Flies!

How exciting!!!

I better start polishing the o'l tap shoes up...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My advise is to enjoy your wedding day. Don't let anything bother you. You will always have one person who tries to ruin things for you. It happens at almost every wedding!! Just remember that your wedding day means a lot more than flowers and gifts and food. It is about being with the person that you want to share the most precious moments in your life with.

I had a winnebago show up instead of my limo at my wedding and although I think I did mutter the words "Red Rum" a few times I just remembered #1 not to tip the company and #2 at that moment that I was with the most special people in my life and with the man that I love so it didn't matter what we were driving in!!

You and Tom are great people and a great couple just have a great time on your special day!! Your wedding day will be the beginning of the rest of your life!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
And if you're ever worried about the reception, just keep in mind that it could be worse:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts