Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January is by far the worst month of the year. The holiday's are behind us, which only serve to minimally take my mind off boating season, and I have my spring refitting projects lined up and ready to go. I try desperately to pretend that I am into post season football, but the Lion's have made that very difficult. NASCAR is done until the 2nd week of February and in 1/2 hour I will have my fantasy racing stuff ready for the entire 35 week season. Each year I HATE the winter more and more, I could go on with winter but probably you get the point. Mariner's no longer has my favorite chef and I am home on Friday night posting. I AM NEVER GONNA MAKE IT!!!!!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I look for the next thing ahead to make it go quicker.

Three weeks is Tip Up Town.

Then its Feb when I will start working on the boat on the weekends.

Six weeks later is St Patricks Day.

Four weeks after that is launch day!!!

Doesnt seem so far away!!!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I kind of flip back and forth between what both of you guys are saying.

Life goes by too damn fast as it is, so I try to avoid wishing time away. But dang it, it's impossible to avoid being anxious for boating!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
You hate it more than me...
I don't like being cold, don't like all this white powder on my trucks, drives, etc...and the grey clouds day after day. But, I made the best of it today and shoveled and took my daughter skiing through our community center. One good thing at this time of year is the days are getting longer~
Chin up ~it's half way over.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Yes, January and February is tough as a boater. I am really starting to get the itch. I stepped up into the boat to check things out this past week and it got me grinning about everything. I see the jet boat everyday as it sits in the garage. I have to start on the seat re-finishing soon on that. So that will satisfy my craving of boat projects accomplishment a little bit.

The boat show is coming. That will get the boating blood flowing for sure. I have been trying to occupy myself with other things to keep my mind off boating a bit. But, the inevitable is a fact. We are all NUTS for boating. It's coming. Just have to try and be patient.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm thinking this winter may not be long enough.

Not the cold and snow part, but the break from boating part. I have way too much stuff to fix to get ready for summer! I guess I better get my a$$ off the computer and get out to the garage.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(sleeper @ Jan 9 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm thinking this winter may not be long enough.

Not the cold and snow part, but the break from boating part. I have way too much stuff to fix to get ready for summer! I guess I better get my a$$ off the computer and get out to the garage.
Maybe if you hadn't stretched your boating season so long, you'd already have it done.

j/k

I sure wish I could work on the boat in the winter. I'd work on making sure the helm seat still worked. A couple of tests to make sure wobbly pops still taste good. And of course, keep in shape with the throttles-forward exercise.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
The Boat Show in the "D" is just over a month away. That will kick off the 2010 Michigan boating season. Hanging out at the show, checking out the new boats, meeting with boating professionals to help plan you 2010 projects, seeing your boating friends or just having a brew or a cocktail in a boating atmosphere.

Hang in there Sailor. You have a great support group here!
Maybe these pic's will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(SAILOR @ Jan 9 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I appreciate all the support, it is remotley possible I was a little dramatic last night. Just going a little stir crazy

That's okay. We've all been there buddy!

Sooner or later, the weather will pull a 180°

View attachment 70735

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.