Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went into my checking account online to witness the debacle of how little money I have in there... and low and behold, a new feature: a copy of your check, front and back is visible with the simple click of a button!!!

how awesome!

I would love to get setup with online bill pay for my utilities and such... just never took the time.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i do !
i love it...i only write 1 or 2 checks
house, water ect....
everything eles electronic....

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I bank online all the time. So easy! I pay some of my bills online, but not all. Haven't set them all up yet myself.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I`m still afraid to get ripped off by pirates.....

Isn`t almost inviting someone into your bank account????

I know firewalls are suppose to make it safe but I still have a hard time trusting
doing that..

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I write no checks, all electronic.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I pay all bills that aren't automatic debit online. I can't imagine writing checks for everything. I have done online banking for years.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Is there sites for this or special programs or just get in contact with my bank?

I was just thinking of starting this up for all my bills.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 10 2003, 03:09 PM)... and low and behold, a new feature: a copy of your check, front and back is visible with the simple click of a button!!!

I just noticed that myself last week... you must bank at National City???

Most of my bills I pay online. The thing that I don't like is once I send the payment electronically, there is no way to tell that the electronic check has been cashed and the funds are deducted right away from your balance when you send the payment. When you write out a check and it is cashed, it shows the check number and the date it is cashed. Hopefully there will be a way to verify this in the future.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Moi aussi!!! I love this country, I can see where my accounts at whether I've got to shift a little green b/w accounts and you can pay your bills. Now if someone would just make a million dollar mistake my way, it would be off to the Caymen Islands in a heartbeat...well until my guilt got the better of me...hey but I can have a lot of fun for a few years

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Nov 10 2003, 03:14 PM)I`m still afraid to get ripped off by pirates.....

Isn`t almost inviting someone into your bank account????

I know firewalls are suppose to make it safe but I still have a hard time trusting
doing that..
Actually, online banking is safer than writing checks. Less chance of people stealing your check, forging signatures etc.

I have been using online banking and bill pay for years, never had a problem. Yahoo offers a billpay for free to certain vendors or to anyone for $4.95 per month.

Since getting married, we switched everything to Huntington and use their bill pay. LOVE IT. I rarely write checks or need stamps and paying the bills now takes 5-10 minutes instead of hours.

·
Registered
530 Posts
been doing the online gig for a year or two. it's awesome way cheaper and less hassel than dealing with stamps.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
[/QUOTE]pauligan Posted: Nov 10 2003, 03:09 PM

Just went into my checking account online to witness the debacle of how little money I have in there... and low and behold, a new feature: a copy of your check, front and back is visible with the simple click of a button!!!
yep that's part of the new "Check 21" legislation thats going thru congress. Eventually anyone writing checks won't be able to get them returned. They will be scanned and thrown away and the computer image will be the legally binding document and customers can get copies as needed. Assuming the systems dont crash and the check gets scanned right. <_< G.W. just signed that one in.

I'm fightin' the whole electronic bill pay thing, not sure yet. I use paper w/carbon copies so I know what's been paid when, then I check online for what's cleared the account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts