Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(frank o @ Sep 14 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got my Ontario outdoor card in the mail today.What is it for?

It's just another way for governments to make money. It's good for 3 years then you have to pay to renew it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ding ding ding

You need to have it with you in order to legally fish (maybe hunt as well) in the great state of Canada.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
According to the MNR website, the card is also the first step in instituting internet license sales. I haven't read anything about it since earlier this year, but that was my understanding.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
I just looked again. This is from the MN website:

QUOTENon-Resident Angler Outdoors Card Requirement

The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) is working on a project to improve the fishing and hunting licensing system. Once these improvements are complete, non-resident anglers will be able to purchase Ontario fishing licences from home, using the Internet or the automated toll-free phone system. As part of this project, MNR will also be developing an automated licensing system for licence issuers to improve service to anglers and hunters.

Apparently, it has been implemented. Internet license sales at the MNR store HERE

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(tinmn @ Sep 14 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got my card today too. Do you have to buy a new fishing license next year and present this card or is this card your license for three years. mine says expirers 2011.
You still need to purchase a fishing license next year. To be legal, you need your card (good for three years), and a license (good for one year).

I suggest going to the ONMR website to answer all your licensing and outdoor card questions.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Sep 14 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just looked again. This is from the MN website:

The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) is working on a project to improve the fishing and hunting licensing system. Once these improvements are complete, non-resident anglers will be able to purchase Ontario fishing licences from home, using the Internet or the automated toll-free phone system. As part of this project, MNR will also be developing an automated licensing system for licence issuers to improve service to anglers and hunters.

Apparently, it has been implemented. Internet license sales at the MNR store HERE

Thats great news!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I live in Ontario.

The card is good for yes, 3 years. I think you may be able to purchase a 5 year card, but not sure. The card's expity date is shown.

On the back of the card you will see room for stickers, which are indeed your licenses (hunting or fishing). The licences expire at a different time than your card, and are individually marked with their own expity date. I just get the one year sportsman fishing license, which has to be renewed by Dec. 31 of the year stated. For example, my one year license expires Dec. 31 09. I got the license in the spring. If I had just today got the license, it would still expire on the same date, always Dec. 31. By coincidence, my card also expires this year on the same date, so next year I will need to renew both my license and my outdoors card=more $$ to the gov't.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 15 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Sep 14 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just looked again. This is from the MN website:

Thats great news!!!!

Well, maybe not. I may have spoke to soon.

I just spoke with the Outdoor Card Center this morning. Although the E-license purchasing site is up, it is currently for Ontario residents only. I guess our non-resident cards start with a different pre-fix of numbers that is not recognized by the e-license sytem....yet. The person I spoke with thought the E-license sales system might be implemented for 2010 non-resident license sales, but she couldn't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I got mine too.

It said Kevin Daton.....wtf

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE(team houston @ Sep 18 2009, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nothing but a B.S. $$$$$ grab. It is suppose to make it easier to get a license. How much easier is it than a phone call which we can do now????

On line licenses can be printed form your computer immmediately after purchase. No need to wait for mail, no need to drive across the border or to the ferry. I think this will dramatically increase sales in the LSC area

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.