Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal just to warn you..........
I'm renting a 14ft out of Johny's bright-n-early Monday morning. I'm running a small motor (2.5 mariner) I got from my dad. He hasn't run it in two years, but I gave it a short test run and it seemed fine. Just a warning cause you never know how it will run until you run it hard. I plan to troll for walleye alittle and fish for gills and maybe perch, but I am always open to other ideas too.

Give me a call if your interested. 248.420.7633
Phone will be off between 5:30- 7pm but you can leave a message and I'll call back.

Paul

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Small Craft advisory tomorrow. Might want to re-think your plan. Nice of you to post the open seat though.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yeah if you do go be careful tomorrow isn't supposed to be a good day for small boats. Good luck if you go.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

*#%#%&#% This is really ticking me off!!! Checked the weather early this morning...said partly cloudy, light breeze. Now storms and 16mph gale. Everytime I can get out and rent, the wind blows hard.

Needless to say.......Open seat cancelled

Thanks for the heads up guys.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
No Problem just don't want you to get into a mess and end up having something happen to you.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(line wetter @ Aug 2 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*#%#%&#% This is really ticking me off!!! Checked the weather early this morning...said partly cloudy, light breeze. Now storms and 16mph gale. Everytime I can get out and rent, the wind blows hard.

Needless to say.......Open seat cancelled

Thanks for the heads up guys.

You made a good call. Although it wasn't too bad early this morning, it's kicking at 20 sustained out of the south now and only going to get worse. It's probably rolling 2 footers with an occasional 3 right in on Jimmy's canal right now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better safe than sorry, specially when I'm running an unproven motor.

Thanks for the weather site. I use weather underground and their forecast are usually dead on, but this summer they can't seem to get it right.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Scott's is very good. It's been pretty reliable for the most part. Here is an even better site that provides real time data that I have found to be 100% accurate. Just remember to click on the buoy out in the middle of the lake as that is a true reading of the actual wind not restricted by trees, houses, buildings, etc.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?...mp;timeoffset=0

As you can see, as of 2:20 pm it is 29 knots sustained out of the SSW. Would not want to be out there now unless I was in a 40' Viking and I had a cocktail in my hand.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have a phone interview in 15 minutes and then I'll be making myself a bloody mary...

Enjoy your adult beverage.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Same old sh!t....

"you're a great person and I would love to have you on my team, but you were buying indirect chemicals and we need someone who bought resins, pigments and other direct chemicals.."

WTF? I swear.......never mind.....I need a drink.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I did/do chemical purchasing and procurement.

I have a profile in the job connection forum. Enjoy your beer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts