Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Launched at around 2:45 fishing by 3 and popped a few nice smallies right off the bat. Picked up the Musky rod around 3 45 and started casting around a bucktail. Around my 3rd cast this pig hit. She measured 19 1/2'' on the bump board and fat. I've never seen a largemouth this fat caught out of St. Clair it looked like a florida fish. I was by myself so this was the best I could do for a pic. You can see how fat she is though. I would put a guess on her at 5 1/2 - 6lbs. She hit a pink/blue/white musky size bucktail like a friggin truck and actually peeled a little drag. I caught 1 more decent smallie on that bucktail then switched back to the bass tackle and picked up a few more small guys then got the call for dinner so headed home. No musky action but I did see a nice tiger caught about 30yds away from me. Real pretty fish, and I had another musky break the surface about 10 feet behind me, I turned around just fast enough to catch the tail hit the water. looked like a mid 30's class fish. Final tally, fished for about 2 1/2 hrs, 6 smallies, 1 big largemouth and a beautiful afternoon to be on the lake.
Water Sky Cloud Fisherman Gesture

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts