Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOUTHERN MICHIGAN'S FIRST ANNUAL FALL OPEN

I am working on putting together an open tournament on Coldwater Lake for October 3rd. I will get all the details up on the board here real soon. But for now, check in starts at 5am and we will launch at 7 or safe light. We will launch at the DNR launch site. 90% payback, team event, all cash. 5 fish total.

Like I said I am still working out all the details. I am hoping to get plaques, but I am not counting on that.

Contact info - Steve Miller
[email protected]
517-250-4605

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are all the details. If you want copies to hand out, email me. I will have some in Gander Mountain here in Coldwater.

SOUTHERN MICHIGAN'S FIRST ANNUAL FALL OPEN

90% PAYBACK
NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
ALL TOURNAMENT RULES WILL APPLY

WHEN - October 3rd - 7am or SAFE LIGHT - 3pm

Check in will start at 5am
WHERE - Coldwater Lake - DNR launch site
Coldwater, Michigan

HOW MUCH - $100 entry fee, Big Bass included

$1500 1st place - Based on 50 boats
Big Bass - 2 spots paid Based on 50 boats
$4500 total payout - based on 50 boats

Contact info - Steve Miller
[email protected]
517-250-4605

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im not 100% sure but I believe BFL regionals are that weekend, That it is not to late I thought you might want to know.

Jeff Cox

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks Jeff, but my only problem is that it is my only weekend away from the house and college football games that I have to work. I already told the college I will not work the Memorial weekend home game. With so much going on in Sept and Oct, this was my only opening.

Yuck..it's in Ft. Madison again.....how boring.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(jcox7 @ Jul 8 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No problems I was just givin you the heads up. Fort Madison isnt that bad I have been to alot worse.

I hated it, but it might have been the losey draw I got too. This guy finishes in the top 10 the month before(Stren) and I think...cool....end up catching crap and he only gets 2.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little over a month away and I have noticed that some are finding the bigger fish already. Should be a good weigh in with a mix bag if the smallies are on that day.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only a month away. Looks to be a good event for all. I am hoping my ankle will be a lot better by then too. Just so everyone knows. I broke it 2 weeks ago....lol....clumsy me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I here the smallies are biting right now, so should be a good day on the 3rd. 1 week to go and I am ready to get out of the house to fish...lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about that, i do not have internet at home, so I get on when I can.

We had 6 teams(me included in that) so only 5 paid teams.

1st - Rob Miller / Gary Sitzes with 4 fish just over 6lbs - $400 and a hummin bird graph.
2nd - Carl Stahley / Vern Barve with 2 fish with just barely 4lbs, big fish for just over 2 lbs - $50 and a National Anglers Rod.
3rd - Steve Miller / Gary Walp with 2 fish over 3lbs. Had a big one jump and spit out my bait. That would have won it all...dang it..lol.

2 more teams came in with 1 each and only one team blanked. Sounds like everyone had a good time even thought the weather was bad. It also sounded like every team had a big one on early in the morning too.

I hope next year we will have better weather and a turn out. 90% doesn't go far when you have less than 10 paying teams out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts