Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A large pressure crack opened at the first canal north of the SANG entrance canal last night. The crack extends from the breakwall a couple of hundred yards out into the lake. There was about 10 feet of open water at the wall and gets narrower as it goes out.
I was walking about 50 yards behind a quad and saw it go in last night. everyone got out o.k.
If it's frozen over this morning it will be dangerous. Be careful going north out of SANG.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(Ki-yaker @ Feb 5 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A large pressure crack opened at the first canal north of the SANG entrance canal last night. The crack extends from the breakwall a couple of hundred yards out into the lake. There was about 10 feet of open water at the wall and gets narrower as it goes out.
I was walking about 50 yards behind a quad and saw it go in last night. everyone got out o.k.
If it's frozen over this morning it will be dangerous. Be careful going north out of SANG.

Thanks for the warning

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(mikeb088 @ Feb 5 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you think the ice is unsafe if you leave and go left? im going tommorow morning.

Ice is fine but you will be heading straight for that crack if you walk out the selfridge canal and head immediately left.. It was there on Tuesday as well when I went out but it sounds like it has opened up a bit more since then. I was able to drive straight out towards the lake a hundred yards or so and then head left to cross it without a problem. If we don't get any snow tonight then it should be easy to see in the morning even if it is skimmed over since the new ice won't have any snow on it. Of course who knows whatt appens overnight with the wind we are getting so study the situation well before venturing across. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
me and all my buddys are going out at selfrige tomorrow from dawn til dusk with qauds and all are equipment im a little nervous about the predicted winds and the crack but i cant wait no more ! i have been fishing there for 20 years +. we always do good out there . im a pike spearing nut as are my buddys! we did ok earlier this year at fairhaven but right now it should be good out there as it is every year!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I just got off the phone with a friend. Said he only got 5 keepers out there. On his way in a guy fell through at the pressure crack. He called 911 but the guy was able to get out. He said they checked him out to make sure he was ok. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
322 Posts
ice was fine at sang thursday, went around the crack to cotton rd. my buddy said he senn people trying to cross the crack.these are the people that fall in. be careful and pay attention to what you are doing and you will be ok.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.