Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they pull a permit?LOL.

The Premier Performance Boating Weekend of Southeast Michigan

Whether your a Performance Boater, Offshore Racing Enthusiast or Weekend Family Boater, be sure to mark your calendars for this weekend full of events. Over 100 performance boats will start arriving at Metropolitan Beach Metro Park in Harrison Township, Michigan, Friday, June 27 to compete in two days of exciting events. It starts with a spectacular Fireworks display in Downtown Mount Clemens to celebrate the up coming Independence Day.

A Poker Run event will be held on Saturday, June 28 with boats coming in from all over the country. Sign up and be a part of the performance boating pleasure with check points throughout the Lake St. Clair area. This event is open to any boats over 25 feet in length with land and air video coverage.

The weekend is topped off on Sunday, June 29 with Offshore Powerboat Racing excitement. Offshore Race teams will be competing in one of the choppiest and most unpredictable races in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series. With everything from the Outlaw Performance classes up to the phenominal Super Cat's, a high speed, high performance adrenaline rush is guaranteed.

Make your plans now and be sure bring the whole family to enjoy an exciting weekend of performance boating.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Jeff,

They will be following the legal speed limit right? This is a common area of complaints about the stinking bass fishermen. I hope they don't make any noise at the park! When Michigan Bass went to the park, I asked if I could hook up a P.A. system and I was told NO! I then asked if I could play the National Anthiem, they said if a person can here the song more than 10 feet away from it's source , "We" can and will be thrown out of the park!

I wonder what it cost to have the permit for closing the lake off? We only ask for a small area at the ramp, they have virtually have closed the lake to those less than 25 foot because of danger! I had better stop now, my blood preasure is rising as I'm thinking of the gathering of Jet ski's with no need for a permit. The Mongolian Cluster Puck when a party takes place anywhere on the lake. That's it, I'm stopping now as my arm is going numb and my chest is pounding!

Doug

·
Registered
718 Posts
Okay......I've calmed down now. They have every right to use the lake as well as does the tournament organizations. We all need to have the same rules!

Doug

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
One pond, LOTS of boats...we all CAN get along.

Come to Tuesday nights at TNT's and meet some of the people that drive these events on that water. Get to know them, it will make the lake a better place.

Mini

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's a BFL tourny going out of Metro that same day. This should be fun. Any bets that tempers will flare?
Not to mention that tourny's are also going out of two other ramps that day. Will everyone be on their best behavior? Or will shots( big heavy spinnerbaits) be fired across tuna boat bows?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I didn't hear anything about 'closing the lake' for these guys. I would hope that's an exaggeration, especially since I thought I was launching from the Metro Park that same day in the BFL.

BTW, there is no speed limit on the Great Lakes once you're more than a mile from shore.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great! Poker Run! What is that? Is that one of those events where if you're in they way you get run over? Is alcohol involved? Will it be as fun as a big event last year when three jet skis going 40+ MPH run about fifteen feet from my boat while I was fishing? Hopefully, I'll catch a big limit early during the BFL tournament and spend the rest of the day hiding in a canal.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Bish @ Mar 6 2003, 08:50 PM)There's a BFL tourny going out of Metro that same day. This should be fun. Any bets that tempers will flare?
Not to mention that tourny's are also going out of two other ramps that day. Will everyone be on their best behavior? Or will shots( big heavy spinnerbaits) be fired across tuna boat bows?
Bish,

GET ALONG.....maybe there is a change of heart on my stance (I doubt it because I designed 30 percent of the inboards on the lake, been a pleasure boater my whole adult life). But by casting a SBait across these bows two things will happen.....1. Lost Sbait....2. No line left as your drag peels and the tuna boat rides into the sunset with your $7 SBait safely nestled on a bow hatch.....lol

Mini

1 - 9 of 9 Posts