Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait for sun up on saturday, Muskie Day!

Got my boat and trolling rigs set up.

Any advise on casting gear, (muskiebob), I'm looking for a new casting set-up, rod, reel and line? I picked up one of muskiebobs hand made lures at the Ford Field show, and I need something worthy to tie it to.

Good hunting men.........

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
For bucktails, try an All Star flippin' stick. At 7'6" it makes for some long casts, and will have the back bone.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(DRP @ Jun 3 2003, 08:08 AM)For bucktails, try an All Star flippin' stick. At 7'6" it makes for some long casts, and will have the back bone.
The ALl Star Big Game Series is a good choice too Jon....lol

Ask for it at Gander Mtn Waterford, South Street Tackle or Professional Fishing Center on Jefferson.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
The All Star Big Game is great. I have a 7 1/2 footer XH that John (Mini) might sell you if he can get it back from me. LOL. I use a custom built 7 1/2 foot MH on a All Star blank that is one of the best I have ever used. I am going to be at the Selfridge Dock at about 7 AM Sat. I have two fellows from Tenn. for 5 days. I will have some very good Brunner Runner's with me for sale. I don't know if John will let this message go through as it is somewhat of an ad for me.. Good fishing to all. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
The C4 by Abu Carcia is great for Bucktail tossing. the 6.3 retrieve ratio is about the best speed. I have been out casting for Pike and Walleye a couple of times lately and I raised several very big fish on my Brunner Runner's. If someone says something I will swear they where Catfish. LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts