Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well I took opening week off from work to try cast the lake and jig the river. Opening day was a blast we had a 50in follow to the boat that scared crap out of Todd all he could say was AHH AHH AHH. The next one did follow but after some figure 8s and O's she went under the boat Todd took the lure out of the water then put it back in and she came out and grabbed it next to the boat. The best part was that all of us got to see this fish take the lure. It was a great 43IN fish. Sunday was a bust only 2 follows in the mile roads areas. Tuesday I got out by myself and managed 1 36in muskie that put up one hell of a fight. Wednesday I hit the river and was jigging bondy baits. I was Jon out there but I did not manage to get any strikes that day but casting bucktails I got about 50+ white bass attacking the lure so I had some fun with lighter tackle and manged about 100+ white bass between me and my friend. Thursday I took my friend out and we started some serious casting on the lake. Early on my friend got a high 40s fish to follow but as I promised someone I would leave the area if I was getting good action which was hard but it was a promise. The 6 straight hours of rain then started and we managed a few pike and 1 smaller muskie with several bass mixed in all hitting bucktails. I also had the biggest follow I have ever had happen to me with a 50+in fish. Friday we managed 2 smaller muskies and some pike and bass. Saturday I took the day off and today I was out on the DR jigging some bondy baits for a while. It felt like I had a couple of light hits but I believe they were white bass or possibly an eye. I had the wife out so we went for a cruise and caught about 100 white bass before we gave up on them. I will not be giving up on jigging/casting the river for muskie I know they are there. The best part of the week was that all but 1 of the muskie boated were on the bucktails I made over the winter. Even if I did not catch all of them myself it was nice to know that they are raising some nice fish.

Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Fisherman
Water Sky Outerwear Vertebrate Boat
Sky Cloud Fisherman Fish Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
nice job Alex on the ski's! CLASS ACT you asking me where we would be filming and then leaving the area once you had action. NOT a lot of people would have done that but you did in a second and that was way cool of you bro

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Great job Alex.
It was great fishing with you on the opener. That was a great joke that you played on Todd.

The "Big Sexy" bucktail sure put/lured a lot of fish to your boat this week.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea I forgot about that joke I played on Todd. In short Todd messed up his line bad and in the 10 min that he was trying to fix it I snagged his line and took the bucktail off that had the 50in follow and just caught the 43in. I left the snap open and threw it back in the lake. Todd finally reeled and and was about to cry when the lure was not on his snap he though he lost it for sure. I just said oh well and showed Zib that the lure was on the boat he laughed and Todd finally figured out I was messing with him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 14 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice job Alex on the ski's! CLASS ACT you asking me where we would be filming and then leaving the area once you had action. NOT a lot of people would have done that but you did in a second and that was way cool of you bro

I bitched and moaned about this quite a bit, but considering all I've learned from you schram, I went along with it!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Nice fish Alex. Good seeing you out there and very very glad the MinnKota is working for you. Looks like you had a better opening week than I did.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great job, Alex. You definatly put in some hours. I`m on vaca next week and we gotta get out soon.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Good report Alex and don't give up the jig. Work different depths. Don't be afraid to start at 10 feet go to 15 ect. in the deep.

h

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.