Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
seen a couple 4's at the scales sunday for the ABA. that was it.

seen a few pigs out on the water tho. apparently they hate me and my tubes and spinnerbaits because they showed about as much interest in me as Oprah shows in a rice cake.

madman himself

·
Registered
666 Posts
Did St. Clair on friday, nothing that grat.

Went to Saginaw Bay on Saturday, did well up there. Walleyes, Crappie, Pike, Large & Smallmouths. Biggest ones were in the 4.5 lb pound range. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No real pigs for us this weekend. Caught almost 70 smallies in a day and a half. About a 15" average, biggest was just under 18". Most were on tubes, but picked up some on Senkos. Fished from 3' to 14', caught em' at all depths. Had a blast even without the bigger fish.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our biggest smallie on saturday was 4.3 not a bad fish would have liked a few more of those to make the bag a little heavier.................................

Dman )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new participant in this forum, but it seems really great. I'm heading out tonight for the first time this year (yeah, really) and I'm looking for some tips on catching smallies - where, what to use, etc. Thanks!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Fishnut and others that have posted looking for info, as I mentioned in a previous post Selfridge/Anchor Bay would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
927 Posts
fishnut,

all i can give you is go out around nine mile and try to stay around 8 feet of water. fish a tube. i was doing well with a smoke with purple, black, and silver fleck in it. i didnt catch anything with real size, but caught many fish in the 2 - 2.5 lb range.

we caught around 40 in this area in about 3 hours. if the wind is right, you can cruise out a way and just drift back towards shore and pick them off.

good luck, wish i could be more help but i have only been out once this year, and i started fishing the lake last year in mid summer, so i am not really sure about the spring patterns.

madman himself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts