Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 25 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When it comes to supporting is that use of the boat, $$ or what? If I'm willing to take someone out do I have to be a member of the MOMC? I'm set up for casting or trolling so that doesn't matter much. I have to say trolling bores me. I like the thrill of the hunt when it comes to casting. That's why I'm a still hunter not a stand hunter.

heimskr

Currently, we have 15 boats signed up for the event. Each boat is hosting between 3-5 returning soliders. Add in captains, mates, family and crews, we are over 100 participants.

No, you do NOT have to be a member to be involved, but we would like you to be a member, of course. Trolling, jiggin or casting are all acceptable methods for angling.

Support comes in a few different forms: Sponsorship, Volunteer & Donations.

Sponsors are donating something to the event. (ie, T-shirts, lures, $$$, Gift Cards, use of Property, etc). Cash donations, and proceeds from raffles, using the donated prizes, will offset costs associated with the event. (The event has a catered awards ceremony, afterwards and also nice "give-away" prizes during the day, to participants). The MOMC picks up the balance of all costs, covers event insurance, hosts and organizes the event. Any remaining proceeds, will be donated to a local charity such as Injured Soldier or Selfridge Family Relief Fund.

Captains are donating their time, equipment, boats, gas and skill, to show the returning vets a good time on LSC.

After fishing, everyone returns to Michigan Harbor (aka Colony Marine), for an awards ceremony and catered lunch by Ken's Gas Dock Grill. The event, is a 100% Catch & Release "tournament", based on length. This will be run under the honor system. No pictures, no cash, no fish being run to scales. All in good fun and sportsmanship.

The sole purpose of the event:
To give a little something back to our soldiers, who have given a lot of something, for all of us.

Hope this helps, make a clearer picture.

Best Regards

Scott D'Eath - MOMC President

·
Registered
958 Posts
Me & the wife donated an Amish made recliner from our store to the boats for vets event and tried to help out on the grounds with the limited amount of time we had. I wish we had something we could donate right now to help but as usual in the summer we slow down quite a bit.

Hopefully I can do more in years to come for this and other events like it!

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, you were out casting around the weather buoy during the MOMC August tournament. I don't remember seeing a 21 VIP out there fishing that day. If I remember correctly, there were 3-5 footers and horizontal rain. You are quite an outdoorsman!!!

QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 25 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>alrighty.

I know I wont be on the lake musky fishin that day! Last time the MOMC had an event all i got was aggravation from the boats trolling right over any of the spots I was casting too.

Great idea either way. I think people should do more to support our troops.

·
Registered
360 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 25 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heinie @ Aug 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, you were out casting around the weather buoy during the MOMC August tournament. I don't remember seeing a 21 VIP out there fishing that day. If I remember correctly, there were 3-5 footers and horizontal rain. You are quite an outdoorsman!!!

I know I wont be on the lake musky fishin that day! Last time the MOMC had an event all i got was aggravation from the boats trolling right over any of the spots I was casting too.

Nope.
I was out earlier this year during a tourney and learned the hard way that day. If I even hear about a MOMC tourney I dont bother casting for musky. I stay where the participants wont troll and usually chase bass or somethin small.

Wow, this thread is to let people know that we care about our Veterans and you want to make it a(Dog the MOMC) thread. Classy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
QUOTE(heinie @ Aug 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, you were out casting around the weather buoy during the MOMC August tournament. I don't remember seeing a 21 VIP out there fishing that day. If I remember correctly, there were 3-5 footers and horizontal rain. You are quite an outdoorsman!!!

Well there are a select few Outdoorsmen in the World today. Maybe he is one of the few????

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm looking forward to taking out some of our serviceman fishing this year. Last year I had a sergeant onboard that caught and released his first fish ever, a 42" muskie. By the time we got back to the dock, that fish was 60" long.
It is a honor for me to take these folks who protect us. Bob

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(pikescale @ Aug 25 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 25 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heinie @ Aug 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, you were out casting around the weather buoy during the MOMC August tournament. I don't remember seeing a 21 VIP out there fishing that day. If I remember correctly, there were 3-5 footers and horizontal rain. You are quite an outdoorsman!!!

Nope.
I was out earlier this year during a tourney and learned the hard way that day. If I even hear about a MOMC tourney I dont bother casting for musky. I stay where the participants wont troll and usually chase bass or somethin small.

Wow, this thread is to let people know that we care about our Veterans and you want to make it a(Dog the MOMC) thread. Classy.

Yup. I screwed the pooch on that one. Sorry guys sometimes I should keep my yap shut.
If you like please feel free to delete my opinionated posts from yours as I've edited mine.
I didn't and don't want to detract from this event. ITs a great cause and I'm still trying to come up with something to donate to it.

Again sorry guys

·
Registered
360 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 26 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(pikescale @ Aug 25 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 25 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heinie @ Aug 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, you were out casting around the weather buoy during the MOMC August tournament. I don't remember seeing a 21 VIP out there fishing that day. If I remember correctly, there were 3-5 footers and horizontal rain. You are quite an outdoorsman!!!

Nope.

Yup. I screwed the pooch on that one. Sorry guys sometimes I should keep my yap shut.
If you like please feel free to delete my opinionated posts from yours as I've edited mine.
I didn't and don't want to detract from this event. ITs a great cause and I'm still trying to come up with something to donate to it.

Again sorry guys

Apology accepted.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
i would love to help guys but the boat is down for another 2 weeks sounds like a great event

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here's what I am going to do:

I will keep a list of boats for next year, I will pass it to the proper person if I am not involved next year (never know).
PM me your name, boat name and size including beam (for dock assignments), and phone numbers for the list.

Thanks for your support guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muskyjoe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.