Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Take this as you will...

I have been getting the idea lately that when someone voices an opinion different than the majority, they/we get told that we are uptight, moody, don't read it if you don't like it or bashing a certain person.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was one of the nice things about the board was that we could post our views on a topic...not to be judged or persecuted for having our own minds and thoughts.

It's not that we/I don't like everything that certain people post, some of the stuff is down right hillarious. SO, yes I am going to pop in an see what the topic is about. I may not always like what it is once I read it. Therefore, I do have the right to post something without having a bunch of people blatantly tell me not to read it...It's my oppinion no one said you have to agree.

Feel free to voice your opinion about this too. I will not tell you not to read it or you are too uptight or moody.

Just my .02...maybe not even worth that.

thanks Dawn, changed in here anyway

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Hello there Miss Nikki!

Well, my thoughts are that opinions are welcome... however, specifically regarding the snowmaker thread, seems certain people are being duragorty towards him... and there are times when it seems unnecessary to say "this is so stupid, and can't you find anything better to do" that is a direct dig at the person.

Yeah, some threads (many) are pretty low quality on here (no offense to people~I myself add quite a few)... but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be pounced on as such... it's the negative dig at somebody for choosing to post something that I find offensive...

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Diffrent threads are geared towards diffrent people. If you dont like a thread just dont return to it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I agree with you, on not personally making digs.
Yet, calling someone moody and others jumping on the band wagon for whatever reason to make multiple digs at someone else is not going to make it any better or make the ones, not you personally, doing it any better than the one who made the original dig..

(Sorry if that above is confusing it was hard to explain without using names)

CBJ- you are right. But case in point I wasn't even bashing, insulting or digging. I just made a comment. Turns out that's not acceptable to some.

BTW
this is not meant to insult or put down anyone for thier opinion in another thread...wether they approved or disapproved of the thread itself. I believe if you felt strong enough about something to speak your mind than KUDOS to you. That's what makes us all individuals.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I agree with the if you don't like it you don't have to go back to it. Making digs about people just seems silly to me, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 26 2004, 02:32 PM)Well, my thoughts are that opinions are welcome... however, specifically regarding the snowmaker thread, seems certain people are being duragorty towards him... and there are times when it seems unnecessary to say "this is so stupid, and can't you find anything better to do" that is a direct dig at the person.

Yeah, some threads (many) are pretty low quality on here (no offense to people~I myself add quite a few)... but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be pounced on as such... it's the negative dig at somebody for choosing to post something that I find offensive...
couldn't agree with you more, pauligan.

here's what i've learned:
1- ask yourself before you post a response: 'am i REALLY adding to the value of this by typing what i'm about to, or am i just sounding like a jerk?'
2- if you post your opinion, be prepared to hear others opposing it, no matter how serious or how silly the subject. if you don't want to hear the opposite of what you think, then don't post it and open yourself up to it.
3- if you're posting something jokingly, then MAKE SURE everyone knows you're joking.
4-if you have a gripe against someone, PM them.

we've all been doing pretty good about keeping positive lately! let's keep it up!
and remember: this is a fun board. acknowledge, move on! i know: i've learned my lessons here!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Some people probaly have a bigger problem with the posteee rather then the thread or the posts itself. If theres no surprising or misleading topic. Well you know what your in for. How ever I dont have a problem with anybody or their posts unless it is something that directly relates to me.

The Cabin Fever is running strong. Every should take a nice long 2 week vacation to somewhere tropical.
When you get back, well you wont be exactly happy but...... I dont know.. Im rambling..

I thuoght the Poop thread was funny, until everybody kicked Snowflake in the Nutz. Boy Snowflake theyre really biting your a$$ today arnt they.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o.k well I am going to probably sound like a jerk here...not meaning to
but how do you add value to a poop thread?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jan 26 2004, 02:55 PM)o.k well I am going to probably sound like a jerk here...not meaning to

I dont know Im going to ponder the idea, the next time I take a crap.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jan 26 2004, 02:55 PM)o.k well I am going to probably sound like a jerk here...not meaning to

That's just it. You can only laugh at it, or be appalled by it.
or

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
there are some theads that are there just for funny, including his poop thread. it didn't hurt anyone, yet it seemed like even when he defended himself and one could tell he was only trying to be funny, everyone kept on him. and that was hurtful.

by 'adding value,' what i mean is if you're on purpose going to demean or cut down someone so that everyone sees it and not do so in a PM ... you need to ask yourself: are you REALLY doing something positive? is that REALLY the right thing to type?

and if you do type, then be prepared for whatever comments may come your way either on the board or pm.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 26 2004, 03:01 PM)QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jan 26 2004, 02:55 PM) o.k well I am going to probably sound like a jerk here...not meaning to

That's just it. You can only laugh at it, or be appalled by it.
or

and when someone doesn't laugh at it and possibly appauld...they aren't allowed to say something?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jan 26 2004, 03:03 PM)and when someone doesn't laugh at it and possibly appauld...they aren't allowed to say something?
Well, usually it seems everyone has pretty much the same sense of humor on here. Its unusual to see a negative comment towards something that's meant to be funny, unless what was said was down right disrespectful or rude towards another member. (like having to "go take a snowflake"). <_<

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I just pmed snowbi and we are cool....nothing was meant derogatory, I just think that the cabin fever is getting bad....

Its all about the love, the poop and the fun! (well for everyone but CBJ)....lol

(see I added lol so NO ONE would misunderstand....lol)

And as a show of good faith to yall, I am going to buy Snobi and Boss something nice, like a beer or two the next time I see them!

Mini

PS How could I get mad at Snobi, he helped me change an old mans tire @ jacks one night!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts