Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was absolutely beautiful yesterday. I highly recommend this spot for a decent swim. Had to deal with a little boat wake from the large boats coming into the Baltimore too far on plane, but was a spectacular day all the same.

Atmosphere Water resources Ecoregion Map Water

Attachments

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Bill...I see u are still on your high from a great boating weekend. bout time..doncha think ?? hehe
good to see !

We've been in that same spot before...actually on both ends of the baltimore.....

why are you giving away well kept secrets ??

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to worry about giving away any secrets. Most boaters on this lake are so used to Muscamoot, most wouldn't even dare go away from that to really enjoy the lake. And those who are willing to venture away from the norm really appreciate what the lake has to offer.

Keep on rocking!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
It was a great time!

I had a chuckle on the way out of there, back into the North Channel. I realized I was MERGING with traffic. Not sure I've ever merged in the boat before!

The view, as we were leaving...
View attachment 65601

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Aug 17 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how about a larger picture so we can see where that is ?
That's the North Channel on top, and a little of the SNI on the lower right. You can see Deckers as well.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I wondered who the rafted boats were! We were there..... (till around 4:30)
Did'ya happen to notice an "old" flybridge boat, white/blue bottom, in the shallows by the reeds? (bimini up with multicolor dodger flying from the bimini).
Now...... if I'd had a LSCN Burgee... someone might'a noticed!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Aug 17 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wondered who the rafted boats were! We were there..... (till around 4:30)
Did'ya happen to notice an "old" flybridge boat, white/blue bottom, in the shallows by the reeds? (bimini up with multicolor dodger flying from the bimini).
Sorry, none of my photo show you. (didn't get that many. batteries were nearly dead)

Wish I'd/we'd have realized another LSCN'er was there!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I had a great time with all of you; I agree it is a great location. It is a perfect spot for a quiet and relaxing afternoon. It was nice to meet Away Point; you have a real nice family.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Aug 17 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wondered who the rafted boats were! We were there..... (till around 4:30)

Hello Mr. Ken. Yes, I still feel bad about the burgee's.

However.....Both Myself and Area51 had our LSCN burgee's flying. I wish you would have caught that and came over to say hello!? That would have been great!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Aug 17 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how about a larger picture so we can see where that is ?

If you click on the pic it will enlarge it. I thought the size was a decent size?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(shaggy @ Aug 18 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a great time with all of you; I agree it is a great location. It is a perfect spot for a quiet and relaxing afternoon. It was nice to meet Away Point; you have a real nice family.
Thanks. It was nice chatting with you and your Dad.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Thats just so happens to be an excellent location to watch the sunset and have a glass of wine, followed by an evening swim, too.
Easy in easy out, even at night it is an easy spot to get to/from without a chartplotter or GPS, if you know the area and aren't coming from too far away. There are so many good spots on the lake that people don't know about. I think I saw your raft out there as I passed by on the jetski in the evening, I remember seeing the green Sea Ray rafted with about 2 other SeaRays. I was taking a ride through the flats, and as I was doing so i decided that I enjoy the flats much more on a weekday, now that the water levels are up and there are so many boats in Fisher Bay and all of the cuts.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next time slow down and check for the LSCN burgee's. Would have loved to finally meet you and offer a cocktail to you.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 18 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Mr. Ken. Yes, I still feel bad about the burgee's.
However.....Both Myself and Area51 had our LSCN burgee's flying. I wish you would have caught that and came over to say hello!? That would have been great!

That'd be my bad.... should've noticed your burgees.... will get my binocs out next time and look closer (and probably get accused of checkin' out the babes!).
The Baltimore Cut has been our "secret" swimmin' hole for 35+ years. It's one of the few places where you can stir things up (boats moving, folks swimming, etc) and the water will clear up in just a few minutes (Strawberry Island is another, but much more crowded & cooler). There's just enough current flowing through the reed beds to keep the water clean and yet still warmed from the shallows (not quite as warm as FB). You can't leave a water toy in the water long or it'll drift away if it isn't tied to the boat. Pretty clean bottom too.
If you're not familiar with the bottom there, I'd have someone on your bow going into the shallows, to warn you of anything on the bottom. There are several large pieces of timber on the bottom you need to watch for if you plan on getting in shallow. (I pulled one 8' long piece of 2" pipe from the bottom the other day, as well as a grill someone threw overboard and took 'em back to the marina to dispose of).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.