Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email @ work yesterday:

We all know people who have lost their jobs because of the economic hard times in our area. I would ask that you please pass this message on to those people.

President Obama is interested in helping the unemployed people in Michigan. As a result, OPM is partnering with Federal Agencies to bring jobs to the Michigan area to help individuals find work and support the economic recovery of Michigan. OPM will be hosting a Hiring Fair targeted at non-status applicants on July 30, 2009. Vacancies are posted at: http://www.usajobs.com, click on Detroit Hiring Fair. The positions listed on this site are ones Federal Agencies have identified to be filled at the Hiring Fair.

To be considered for these positions, applicants must apply on-line prior to the closing of the announcement. Referral lists will be issued to supervisors who will then select the individuals to be interviewed. Invitations to attend the Hiring Fair will be sent to those individuals identified to be interviewed. The ticket into the Hiring Fair will be the invitation and a picture ID.

Please check the website listed above throughout the week as Agencies will be updating this site with new vacancies.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
cool - thanks!

looking through the site - it's not clear how to get your resume in for the hiring fair... I just applied for one of the jobs, but don't know if that is the key...

anybody?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The best part is, since it's your tax money that pays the freight, you'd be kinda sorta self-employed

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(dnasty @ Jun 30 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny, I got the same email

I wonder why? lol

BTW give me a call....I have a question.

QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 30 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cool - thanks!

looking through the site - it's not clear how to get your resume in for the hiring fair... I just applied for one of the jobs, but don't know if that is the key...

anybody?

I have no clue P, but after reading it....seems like you should be good if you did apply.

You might want to add it to the Resumix system P. Just Google "army resume builder"

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Wife has been on this site ....it is the one that had a job posted that said must be between 17 and 41 years of age !

ISN'T THAT AGE DESCRIMINATION?????

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 30 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The best part is, since it's your tax money that pays the freight, you'd be kinda sorta self-employed

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 30 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wife has been on this site ....it is the one that had a job posted that said must be between 17 and 41 years of age !

More than likely that was for an ART job - meaning you have to join the Nat Guard (which has age restrictions by law) to get the job. I was supposed to go to work at SANG after I got out of the Navy, doing what I did in the Navy - weapons. Found out right after I got home that I had to affiliate with the ANG to get the job....... said no thanks. Now I work in the auto industry.......what the F was I thinking?

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(garry454 @ Jun 30 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 30 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wife has been on this site ....it is the one that had a job posted that said must be between 17 and 41 years of age !

More than likely that was for an ART job - meaning you have to join the Nat Guard (which has age restrictions by law) to get the job. I was supposed to go to work at SANG after I got out of the Navy, doing what I did in the Navy - weapons. Found out right after I got home that I had to affiliate with the ANG to get the job....... said no thanks. Now I work in the auto industry.......what the F was I thinking?

You and Mad Dog must have had the same brain fart.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Jul 1 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(garry454 @ Jul 1 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 30 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You and Mad Dog must have had the same brain fart.

Yeah, just a little!!!

I like your Sig Gary.....

IYOYAS

Mine is IYAAYAS as I am a munitions (AMMO) troop for the USAF

So do we tell them what it means?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts