Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,049 Posts
QUOTE(jcgambler @ Jun 21 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yea dont chance it. i thought we would be alright, but fell short 3 miles , oops. 40 dollars for 5 gal. we payed to have the marine salvage bring us gas. all well thank god we had cash. thanx boys.

This sounds all too familiar

· Registered
29,295 Posts
Been there, done that, long time ago. 1980 the boss and I blast out of the launch at Conger Bay Drive and head to Metro to meet up with some friends. About 1/4 mile short of Metro the engine stalls, and no restart. Until that time the fuel guage has worked fine, it still showed 1/2 tank, but both were empty

After taking turns paddling I decide enough is enough and jump out and start swiiming behind the boat, pushing it a lot faster than we were paddling. I got it over to the seawall just about the time the people we were meeting showed up.
Fuel gauges don't work so well when the ground wire is disconnected

· Premium Member
15,831 Posts
That's why I have Little Bill
Backup

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Heres a loooong tow, thanks to TowBoat US...I got to the Selfridge launch yesterday around 8...and a couple were gettin towed in from guess where....

SOUTH OF THE AMBASSADOR BRIDGE
still amazes me. The guy said...THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE LOL

· Premium Member
16,364 Posts
BoatUS towing insurance will follow you. It is not limited to a boat. Its good for a boat you are on whether you borrowed it or own it. $19 to join BoatUS and $35 for Unlimited towing in freshwater. See more details on the website link below.

you can find more info at: www.boatus.com/membership

dont forget to use my name and boat us member number for a referral.

thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.