Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea dont chance it. i thought we would be alright, but fell short 3 miles , oops. 40 dollars for 5 gal. we payed to have the marine salvage bring us gas. all well thank god we had cash. thanx boys.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(jcgambler @ Jun 21 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yea dont chance it. i thought we would be alright, but fell short 3 miles , oops. 40 dollars for 5 gal. we payed to have the marine salvage bring us gas. all well thank god we had cash. thanx boys.

This sounds all too familiar

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Been there, done that, long time ago. 1980 the boss and I blast out of the launch at Conger Bay Drive and head to Metro to meet up with some friends. About 1/4 mile short of Metro the engine stalls, and no restart. Until that time the fuel guage has worked fine, it still showed 1/2 tank, but both were empty

After taking turns paddling I decide enough is enough and jump out and start swiiming behind the boat, pushing it a lot faster than we were paddling. I got it over to the seawall just about the time the people we were meeting showed up.
Fuel gauges don't work so well when the ground wire is disconnected

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Glad you made it back. I had my eye on you and was glad to see the Marine Salvage boat pull up to you.

I was the one who stopped and told you to call them.

There was alot of commotion in that part of the lake.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanx mini. yea it was embarrassing. i let my pride get to me when that tug boat went bye. it wont happen again thats for sure

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That's why I have Little Bill
Backup

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Have you called BoatUS yet?????

Get the towing insurance....its more reliable than little bill...lol

if you do, use my name and membership # (in a nother post, or PM me).

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
about how much is the insurance

is it the same thing they give you when you sign up for the gold member at the store

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Heres a loooong tow, thanks to TowBoat US...I got to the Selfridge launch yesterday around 8...and a couple were gettin towed in from guess where....

SOUTH OF THE AMBASSADOR BRIDGE
still amazes me. The guy said...THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE LOL

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
what i wondering will the ins. cover both of my boats or do i need to pay for each one can anyone help. i know i will not be taking the guppy in big water but the 15 footer i will ????

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
BoatUS towing insurance will follow you. It is not limited to a boat. Its good for a boat you are on whether you borrowed it or own it. $19 to join BoatUS and $35 for Unlimited towing in freshwater. See more details on the website link below.

you can find more info at: www.boatus.com/membership

dont forget to use my name and boat us member number for a referral.

thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts