Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is your favorite outdoor patio, deck, rooftop around town that you love to go to in the summer for drinks and such???

I love La Dolce Vita's patio, it is very tranquil, I love having dinner and drinks there. I used to really like Beach Grill, but don't like the crowd there too much anymore. Tin Fish has a great deck too!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Where is La Dolce Vita's?

I enjoy the post patio on Thursday nights. Shores Inn isn't bad for happy hour.....

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but I miss Garwood's. Also The Hayloft on Ryan Rd back in the day.

I agree with Rerun with The Post.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
There's no doubt that the Eastside is missing a great patio....also would love to see a good happy hour. I'm always in search of a great happy hour...and have come up empty ever time.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Apr 30 2004, 07:56 AM)Where is La Dolce Vita's?

I enjoy the post patio on Thursday nights. Shores Inn isn't bad for happy hour.....
6 1/2 and Woodward. Its a little place, kinda hard to find, but the atmosphere is very South Beach.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Royal Oak: Memphis Smoke has a great rooftop deck, so does Woodys. Mr. B's has sidewalk seating (so does any other restaurant on Main and Washington).

Detroit: Can't beat the Whitney's garden parties.

others: Bayview Barge

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Over here there are two great places, The Sand Bar in Puce and Spooters (Cove Marina).

Wednesday nights are awesome at the Sand Bar, they will be starting Reggae nights again on May 26th. Woo hoo, can't wait now that I live nice a close to it.

Both are great places you can boat too.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Jacks and the Tin Fish here.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I like Jack's and Tin Fishes Tiki bar!

Big time miss Garwoods!

Tom's Oyster bar in Royal Oak has an outside patio that is fun to sit at, have a few cocktails and people watch!!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
kinda partial to jack's tiki bar (lol), and i like tin fish's because of the different levels.

off the water i really like roger's roost and wooly bullys. i've been wanting to try great baraboo's. i also like the post's in mt clemens if you can get a seat around the bar.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do miss garwoods too! It was like our version of "cheers"...go where everyone knows your name.
their deck was pretty good, the people are what made it though! (oh and the bands!!!)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
To funny Moneyshot...everyone knew everyone at Garwoods! I miss Twin Towers!

Don't miss the fish flies to much!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
jack's for sure

another place we love to go to is Eddie's Drive In on Jefferson
~ not really a bar nor patio but still a cool place to go in the Summer

forgot about Boodles outside dining area - that's cool too

·
12,052 Posts
Crews Inn on the clinton river - nice docking

Sand Bar in Canada - haven't done that in a while